Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Shabbos, Rosh Chodesh, Fast Days, and other Days of Note
Potluck Before Fast

justforfun87

Post Mon, Jul 23 2012, 4:05 pm
Curious what you all would do, besides ask LOR: My friend invited us to a potluck sort of thing for seuda shlishit with a few other couples before Tisha Bav. After I had a moment to think about it I realized that this seems a bit off for before the fast. Is the fact that it is shabbos matter or is this an inappropriate "event" pre-fast?

shmaichul

Post Mon, Jul 23 2012, 5:07 pm
I personally think it doesnt sound right to make a seuda hamafsekes into a party but I'm not sure if its actual halacha...

goodmorning

Post Mon, Jul 23 2012, 6:06 pm
As I posted here, the Mishna Brura says that it should not be a "seudas hachaveirim."

Sounds like there are better time for potlucks. (Friday night and Shabbos morning are both fine, by the way.)
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Shabbos, Rosh Chodesh, Fast Days, and other Days of Note