Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Shabbos, Rosh Chodesh, Fast Days, and other Days of Note
Cleanup this Shabbot

RachelEve14

Post Fri, Jul 27 2012, 5:33 am
I'm guessing it all has to be done Sunday afternoon? You can't clean up from SS until after Shabbot, and you aren't suposed to do housework until chatzot so what does that mean for getting the house back in order after Shabbot (dishes, tablecloth off, etc). Didn't think about it until just now. Maybe we'll just use paper, but I'm guessing we should / need to take off the tablecloth at least before Tisha b'av? What is everyone else doing as far as the after Shabbot clean?

shalhevet

Post Fri, Jul 27 2012, 5:41 am
AFAIK you can clean up straight after Shabbos - and the tablecloth, as you mentioned, should (not can) come off - as in clearing the table, sweeping food crumbs. But any real work, like washing the dishes, needs to wait till after chatzos.

RachelEve14

Post Fri, Jul 27 2012, 6:25 am
Thanks shal that's what I assumed, but I only just thought of it now.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Shabbos, Rosh Chodesh, Fast Days, and other Days of Note