Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Giving Gifts
How to send a camp package to Catskills?

bobeli

Post Mon, Jul 30 2012, 12:11 pm
I want to send packages to 2 different camps. It is home made not from the pre-packed ones and I'm in brooklyn
does the us postal service deliver? or is better that service that you drop off in bp and he delivers?
please help this is first time I do this.
thank you

zaq

Post Mon, Jul 30 2012, 7:44 pm
If you have the camp's mailing address and the camper's bunk number, you can send via US Postal Service. But you'll have to send Priority mail because Parcel Post may get there after camp is over. Priority Mail is not cheap.

The Post Office has flat-rate Priority mail boxes--one flat fee so long as it all fits into the box. there are 3 or 4 different sizes and shapes. You'd have to go there and pick up the flattened boxes, assemble and tape them and pack your stuff into them. The flat-rate boxes aren't as sturdy as regular corrugated cartons, though.

If you use your own cartons, the postage will depend on how much the box weighs and how far it's going. It's cheaper to mail to Pennsylvania than to California.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics