Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
Overnight in Chicago

hello

Post Mon, Jul 30 2012, 6:15 pm
Hey... My husband & I are stopping over in chicago for the night from 11pm till 11am. any nightlife things we can still do? any places open fpr breakfast before 9 or 10? (I would like to take the food to navy pier & they open 10am so 1 hour should be nice). Staying at sofitel chicago water tower with no car but can take taxis. any information would be helpful!!!

OOTBubby

Post Mon, Jul 30 2012, 6:40 pm
hello wrote:
Hey... My husband & I are stopping over in chicago for the night from 11pm till 11am. any nightlife things we can still do? any places open fpr breakfast before 9 or 10? (I would like to take the food to navy pier & they open 10am so 1 hour should be nice). Staying at sofitel chicago water tower with no car but can take taxis. any information would be helpful!!!

There are no breakfast places at all in the downtown area (in fact only one lunch place).

The only place I know of for sure that is open early is Dunkin' Donuts (milchig, not cholov yisroel, but with pareve bagels) on Devon near Kedzie (minimum half an hour cab ride, maybe more). Maybe Bagel Country opens by 10 (their phone number is 847-673-3030), but they're in Skokie, even further by cab.

There is someone who has been advertising that he'll deliver food from a restaurant any place, but I don't have the information (though they can obviously only deliver from someplace that's open then).

hello

Post Mon, Jul 30 2012, 6:46 pm
Thanks for the response, how far is skokie from the navy pier? & is there any night life in downtown or anywhere not far?

OOTBubby

Post Mon, Jul 30 2012, 6:50 pm
hello wrote:
Thanks for the response, how far is skokie from the navy pier? & is there any night life in downtown or anywhere not far?

Skokie is a minimum of a 35 minute cab ride, probably significantly more. I'm not into night life, sorry, but certainly nothing Jewish.

cbsmommy

Post Mon, Jul 30 2012, 8:15 pm
I'm incredibly familiar with the River North and Streeterville areas.

1) there is a Trader Joe's on Ontario and Rush (I think) they open at 9 am. You can pick up kosher bagels, lox, cholov stam cream cheese (occasionally the cholov yisroel) they ALWAYS have the tofutti. They also have pareve milks, cereal, fresh fruits/veggies.

2) What do you want for nightlife? Bars? Late night bowling? Late night movie theater? ice cream place? PM me ur response in case I don't check imamother...

3) you are right on the mag mile. there's carriage rides up and down and buckingham fountain at night.

cbsmommy

Post Mon, Jul 30 2012, 8:17 pm
oh! visit the bean at 8 am! alternatively the aquarium opens at 9. get in line at a quarter to 9 and visit! the beach is also open early and usually not to many bikinis at sunrise!

hello

Post Mon, Jul 30 2012, 10:37 pm
Omg!! you are giving me so much, & here I thought I have nothing!! thanks!! I'll do anything thats open after 11 pm & I will deff do this aquarium you told me. I'll also do sears tower (if I have time)
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics