Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Giving Gifts
Gift for nanny?

peo

Post Mon, Jul 30 2012, 8:42 pm
We are about to give up our nanny and we want to get her an extra special gift, since she is extra special! She's been so nice and caring and really loves my kids. She's a 65 yr old non Jewish woman.

MaBelleVie

Post Mon, Jul 30 2012, 8:48 pm
Jewelry? A nice watch? A trip for two on a cruise? How much are you looking to spend?

peo

Post Mon, Jul 30 2012, 10:10 pm
I'm ready to spend, but not too much.
She never talks about her husband, so I guess she doesn't live with him... She never wears jewelry so I have no clue what she would like. I don't know what her house looks like so I can't really know what she has an what she needs.
I thought of maybe getting her a nice perfume set, but im not sure she would appreciate an expensive one. Doesn't look like it. Now what??

MaBelleVie

Post Mon, Jul 30 2012, 10:56 pm
What about a nice watch? Or a handbag? You can put a picture of your kids inside. Or even a wallet. It's not really clear how much you're willing to spend.

amother

Post Mon, Jul 30 2012, 11:22 pm
When I send away my baby nurse after 6 months I couldn't decide what to get her ended up getting a pretty picture frame with pic from my kids ( she can always change the pic and still use frame) and wrapped it with nice ribbon and before made bow I looped in a gift card from the Max. There she can get herself anything she wants from jewelry, clothing, handbag or houseware...that way I know f'sure shell have something she likes..

Bliss

Post Mon, Jul 30 2012, 11:23 pm
An iPod nano? About $120. Digital picture frame- around $60. Gift card from amazon. Gift card at Macy's. Whatever...

amother

Post Mon, Jul 30 2012, 11:24 pm
I'm the amother above...got gift card at tj maxx ..and of course I included a poem!

peo

Post Tue, Jul 31 2012, 12:01 am
With a gift card I can't go wrong. Great idea!
Thank you!

Post Tue, Jul 31 2012, 1:16 am
What about cash? I hate getting gift cards because I am tied to the store. What if there is nothing I like? I often don't use them. I have had them expire on me. I hate getting the the Amex cards because of the big fees to use them.
She is 65 and without a job. Cash could help her pay her bills. It is appreciated whereas merchandise may not be.

hesha

Post Tue, Jul 31 2012, 12:46 pm
from the gifts I've gotten from my employees, I've enjoyed visa giftcards the most. because its basically cash - which to me is more appreciated than merchandise, but at the same time given in a classy way that doesn't make the receiver feel needy at all
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics