Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
Do you bring a booster seat when you fly?

chabadnikit

Post Wed, Aug 01 2012, 10:03 pm
Just wondering if anyone brings their booster along with them when they travel. I know it's not needed for the plane but if you're renting a car when you get there, it seems like a necessity. Do you bring it on the plane as a carry on? Is it really a pain to shlep??

ez-pass

Post Wed, Aug 01 2012, 10:13 pm
No I rent one with my car.

Beach Bum

Post Wed, Aug 01 2012, 10:42 pm
Last year when I traveled I brought my snap n go, and gate checked the whole thing. It was not a hassle at all, and it was convenient to have it for right when we got off the plane. This year I will probably bring the car seat along and gate check it, even though it will be more inconvenient since it is quite heavy. Most airlines let you gate check car seats and strollers free of charge. From the research I did it seems as it is quite expensive to rent a car seat, so I think its worth the hassle of bringing mine to save the money.

chabadnikit

Post Wed, Aug 01 2012, 11:55 pm
Thanks guys. I will be taking a car seat for my baby but I was wondering about the booster seat for my 4 year old. Will they let us check it under the plane for her? It's 3 dollars a day to rent one and we will be there for 3 weeks.

imamiri

Post Thu, Aug 02 2012, 12:11 am
chabadnikit wrote:
Thanks guys. I will be taking a car seat for my baby but I was wondering about the booster seat for my 4 year old. Will they let us check it under the plane for her? It's 3 dollars a day to rent one and we will be there for 3 weeks.

You should be able to check it. Just call your airline. There might be a fee, because there seems to be with many airlines these days, but it might be cheaper than $3/day x 3 weeks!

BeershevaBubby

Post Thu, Aug 02 2012, 12:32 am
Or you can buy a new one for about $10 if you're going to the US...
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics