Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions -> Inspirational
Are you on a high from the Siyum Hashas?

amother

Post Thu, Aug 02 2012, 10:01 am
I am on such a high and I wasn't even there! I watched online and called in... I've heard the report from my husband but would love to hear the women's perspective on this unbelievable event. Anything particular move you? Please share!

amother

Post Thu, Aug 02 2012, 10:05 am
I was very moved!

I was not there this time but I hope to be there next time. It will be my DH third cycle of doing the Daf

sky

Post Thu, Aug 02 2012, 11:32 am
I was there. it was amazing.

Even the traffic getting there - watching people walking from their cars (even if it was unsafe). You had one guy in a blue shirt, khaki pants, followed by a man in a long jacket, beard, long peyos, and a orange glatt mart bag. It was a such a warm feeling seeing everyone headed to the same place. We had conversations with other cars, shared food with hungry travelers, and even met people we knew in other cars.

the dancing was amazing.

Don't ask me why - but when they had the young boys come up who learned in memory of the children who died in the holocaust, and the video, and the singing - all combined - just made me cry.

Rabbi Frand spoke amazing - and then Rabbi Yitzchok Scheiner spoke amazing. Sometime Gedolim coming from e'y have a hard time connecting to Americans. but I felt like he spoke with such warmth and straight from his heart. (I had to leave in the middle so I missed the end of his speech).

I missed mincha and maariv so cannot comment on those.

amother

Post Thu, Aug 02 2012, 12:18 pm
I am still on a high as well. I wish there was more content online of people reflecting on the siyum, though I'm there will be tons in the next few weeks, online and in print.

As a attendee, the mincha was almost surreal -- it is difficult to comprehend what it means to daven with close to 90,000 people (though not everyone was there for mincha, as many were still stuck in traffic, like the previous poster). In the beginnig, the "amens" and "yehei shmei rabbas" almost sounded like cheering due to the acoustics of the stadium (lol), but as the stadium filled up, the crowd got louder and more inspired.

To me, the dancing was the most inspiring part. So many Jews, all dancing and singing and clapping to same songs that reflect our united belief in Hashem and His Torah! And then the screens showing hookups to other countries around the world celebrating the exact same thing! And everyone danced with each other regardless of their shade and stripe of Judaism. The theme of the siyum clearly was achdus, which I found so incredibly refreshing and uplifting. Now THIS type of event will bring Moshiach.

Anon bc I hardly ever write so emotionally!

FASMA

Post Thu, Aug 02 2012, 12:25 pm
I watched some of it online and what really touched me was the ani Maamin, the kabolas ol malchus shamayim and the massive Kaddish. I felt that this huge kidush Hadhem should bring moshiach soon

PinkFridge

Post Thu, Aug 02 2012, 1:01 pm
sky wrote:
I was there. it was amazing.

Even the traffic getting there - watching people walking from their cars (even if it was unsafe). You had one guy in a blue shirt, khaki pants, followed by a man in a long jacket, beard, long peyos, and a orange glatt mart bag. It was a such a warm feeling seeing everyone headed to the same place. We had conversations with other cars, shared food with hungry travelers, and even met people we knew in other cars.

the dancing was amazing.

Don't ask me why
- but when they had the young boys come up who learned in memory of the children who died in the holocaust, and the video, and the singing - all combined - just made me cry.

Rabbi Frand spoke amazing - and then Rabbi Yitzchok Scheiner spoke amazing. Sometime Gedolim coming from e'y have a hard time connecting to Americans. but I felt like he spoke with such warmth and straight from his heart. (I had to leave in the middle so I missed the end of his speech).

I missed mincha and maariv so cannot comment on those.
[b]

Don't ask me why? I can think of 1 and half million (+ another 4 and a half) reasons why...

And about people speaking from the heart: I didn't understand Rav Olewski at all but he was amazing!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Interesting Discussions -> Inspirational