Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise
How do you reward yourself?

acccdac

Post Mon, Aug 06 2012, 12:17 am
I find that I always want food as a reward. Like when I'm stuck on imamother and I know I need to clean the house, I'll say "go clean all the bedrooms and then you can have a cookie"

I know it's horrible and I should change the habit but how? what should I reward myself with?
I guess I have everything plus I'm too cheap to actually follow through.

for example, I had said after my 2nd child that I would buy the stroller I wanted if I lost a certain number of pounds. I hit that goal but couldnt get myself to spend the money on the stroller because what I was using was working just fine.

Post Mon, Aug 06 2012, 12:34 am
Why don't you try something smaller? Cookies is not good. How about sushi? Better yet, you should pick something with no calories. Is there something you like to pamper yourself like bath salts or a facial for quick rewards?

chocolate moose

Post Mon, Aug 06 2012, 6:34 pm
How about getting heavier weights? hehehehehe

But seriously. You'll end up needing new clothes and maybe even new shoes so t hink small - what about nail polish? I enjoy that !

acccdac

Post Mon, Aug 06 2012, 7:22 pm
on one of the threads soeoen said how ww gives out stickers or pins and that sounds so nice to be rewarded by someone.

maybe my issue is I have a problem rewarding myself, and I need to be rewarded.

maybe I'll ask my dh to be in charge of buying me something once I hit a goal.

SS6099

Post Mon, Aug 06 2012, 7:49 pm
I like to reward myself with, believe it or not, a night off from exercise. I know it's not ideal, but for me, it's a reward Smile
Manicures, $10 necklace, a magazine, etc, these are all great non-food options.
Good luck, and yes, teach your DH to buy those rewards and take advantage Smile

gp2.0

Post Mon, Aug 06 2012, 7:56 pm
What about, spend 15 minutes cleaning and then 5 on imamother? Another 15, another 5? And so on...

acccdac

Post Mon, Aug 06 2012, 8:15 pm
gp2.0 wrote:
What about, spend 15 minutes cleaning and then 5 on imamother? Another 15, another 5? And so on...

the truth is this is not a bad a idea.

I spend way too much on the computer. I really should kill two birds with one stone, no computer unless it's as a reward for housework, exercise, or crossing something off on my to do list.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise