Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Manners & Etiquette
I had to give back responsibilty for a project.feeling awful

amother

Post Mon, Aug 06 2012, 1:06 pm
Didnt know where to post this.
I was pressured to take responsibilty for a project because the lady who started it made aliya and she begged me to do it. To be honest, I already have a lot on my plate but couldnt say no as she said otherwise there is no one to do it (it s for a very very important but not so pleasant mizva).
Anyway a few days ago I started feeling overwhelmed.
Not because of this project, that only requires to act in emergencies but generally becasue I tend to be a people pleaser and cant say no. my dh said that its a very important mizvah but it should cause me distress.
So now I went back to the person who I took the responsibily from and she says I should speak to this and that and nothing further. I feel bad, like I disappointed her.
I need chizzuk please, I hope Hashem is not upset with me for giving back the mizvah, but I just cant handle it now, maybe in the future, yes.

Faigy86

Post Mon, Aug 06 2012, 1:11 pm
hugs
sounds like you did what you needed to do. It never feels great when we need to admit that we aren't superwoman and we just can't take care of everything.
You tried, and it didn't work. That's ok - you know your limits - good for you!

zaq

Post Mon, Aug 06 2012, 2:36 pm
Surely you get "s'char halicha" for the intent even if you weren't able to complete the action. It's a wise person who knows her limitations. Better by far to give the project back than to be overextended and unable to deliver when people are depending on you in a crisis.

Sherri

Post Mon, Aug 06 2012, 2:38 pm
zaq wrote:
Surely you get "s'char halicha" for the intent even if you weren't able to complete the action. It's a wise person who knows her limitations. Better by far to give the project back than to be overextended and unable to deliver when people are depending on you in a crisis.
Exactly what I was going to say! Thumbs Up

amother

Post Mon, Aug 06 2012, 2:42 pm
chessed starts at home is the truth, not just a cliche
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Relationships -> Manners & Etiquette