Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Giving Gifts
Please help me find a super amazing gift for my mom!

amother

Post Mon, Aug 13 2012, 4:36 pm
We've had a busy busy month!
B'H we had a baby one month ago and then my husband had to fly and be away for 4 days to take the bar, and then as soon as he got back we had to pack up our lives and move 1500 miles away.

My mom dropped her life for almost a week and helped me pack and keep my sanity, paid attention to my 3yr old, and then did another trip back and forth to pick up a whole truck-bed-load of boxes we left behind in haste.

The few lines of backstory does not give her enough credit for how much she has selflessly given us of her time and effort with the new baby and big move. And she continues to send us little gifts like a light-weight vaccuum cleaner, kosher hot water pot (doesn't need to be toiveled! she's not even frum - how did she know these existed and I didn't!), diapers, etc. This a woman who is not rich at all and supporting the whole family on her very modest salary (my step-father's been out of work for a few years now).

Well this whole story was probably not so necessary, I guess I just want to give a glimpse of how special she is and how much she's helped us.

I want to get her a very special gift as a thank you. It can be something that's more of a small token/gesture, because there's just nothing that I can give her that would show her how much she truly means to me and how amazing she's been.

My mom's birthday is coming up next month, so I can either get her two gifts - a "thank you" gift and a b-day gift; or one bigger one combinin the two?

She likes earrings, cats, cute socks, funny things... She is not so into spa gift cards, massages, or flower bouquets etc.
I'd also prefer not to get her a giftcard.

Any ideas?

Post Mon, Aug 13 2012, 5:56 pm
I don't have an idea yet for a gift; but I think you should write her what you wrote here and let her know how special a mom she is.

amother

Post Mon, Aug 13 2012, 6:54 pm
I was once in a similar situation.
I collected every single picture in my mom's house from her grandchildren, totaling hundreds of pics Ka"h. She never had them organized.
Then I bought a set of about 10 matching albums, and organized her pics according to age from grandchild #1 and so on.

It took me WEEKS, but it was an amazing collection when done! She loved it! And it was a lot more meaningful than just any gift.

proud_mama

Post Tue, Aug 14 2012, 12:55 am
http://www.kindnotes.com/
this site lets you customize a jar, with mini cards inside, I think it comes with 36 or so cards with little envelopes, you have a choice to get blank cards or preprinted messages on the cards. I got this for dH for my 10th anniversary and wrote a different memory on each card from our previouse 10 years of marriage.
You can get it and write a different note to your mother on each card.

Sherri

Post Tue, Aug 14 2012, 1:05 am
amother wrote:
I was once in a similar situation.
I collected every single picture in my mom's house from her grandchildren, totaling hundreds of pics Ka"h. She never had them organized.
Then I bought a set of about 10 matching albums, and organized her pics according to age from grandchild #1 and so on.

It took me WEEKS, but it was an amazing collection when done! She loved it! And it was a lot more meaningful than just any gift.
That is one of the most amazing gifts I have heard of. Time and devotion to show her how much you lover her!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics