Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Pesach
How late was your Seder?
1  2  Next

supermom

Post Mon, Apr 25 2005, 12:53 pm
What time did you finish your seder and why? We finished at two in the morning we ate the afikomin at 12:35 and them most of us took a nap and woke up then we finish up and that is how we finished at 2am.

mother of 2 princess's

Post Mon, Apr 25 2005, 6:45 pm
we finished at 3am both nights. and by the time I cleared up it was around 4.30am all I know is im exhausted!!!!!!!!!

BlumaG

Post Mon, Apr 25 2005, 11:21 pm
we finished around 2 the first night and closer to 3 the second night.

Chanie

Post Mon, Apr 25 2005, 11:27 pm
I finished 2 the first night and about 1:30 the second, but thats only cuz we sat around before starting.

raizy

Post Tue, Apr 26 2005, 12:00 am
The first night we finished at 3:30 am and we still had to walk home to our house.we didn't go to bed till 4:22 a.m. (we had to settle all the kids.) the second night we finished at 2:00 am and I went to sleep right away. we ate at home. so everything was faster...and the baby slept through the whole time..

supermom

Post Tue, Apr 26 2005, 12:05 am
4:30 in the morning shock how does a seder really last that long!

raizy

Post Tue, Apr 26 2005, 12:37 am
well if you have 20 plus pple sitting around the table then yes it can last till then. also every single kid big and small plus all the married boys all said the manasha tana outloud one at a time..... so yes it can drag and drag and drag......

Tefila

Post Tue, Apr 26 2005, 1:03 am
Quote:
we finished around 2 the first night and closer to 3 the second night

BlimaG ditto Very Happy

We also had ma nishtana said by every individual except for my twins at the table 8) In 7 diff languages hebrew, english, yiddish, spanish, russian, polish and french Tongue Out

Pearl

Post Tue, Apr 26 2005, 4:56 am
wow, freilich, it must be beautiful in all those languages!

first night - 02:30 hrs when guests started leaving, second night we were supposed to go to a community seder, but we ended up at home just me, hubby and children, and it was wonderful! ended at 01:30 hrs.
I must say - I am glad it's over.......

1stimer

Post Tue, Apr 26 2005, 2:27 pm
feel like I am back at school LOL

we finished both nights at 11:30, it was beautiful - really focused on yetzias mitzrayim.

Sunshine

Post Tue, Apr 26 2005, 2:55 pm
The fist night we flew through the seder and finished at 12. We started right away. We had students and knew if we dragged it out they would leave so we did it fast and they staid till the end!!! I was very suprised and happy. These students are reform/conservative so they start at 6 and their grandfather does the whole haggada for them and they each read a little once in a while. Also for the marror they were shocked that ppl eat the white horsraddish cause they only eat the Romain and even then only a small bite to be "yotze" even though it is way less then the proper amt. So this was a real eye opener for them. The second one we had families so it went till 1 because we talked and discussed more. Boy was I falling apart. How do you ladies go to shul after cooking serving and cleaning up from such a late seder?

Tefila

Post Tue, Apr 26 2005, 3:16 pm
Quote:
How do you ladies go to shul after cooking serving and cleaning up from such a late seder?

Who cooks on Yom Tov?! I do only salads and eat leftovers or stuff that was prepared b/4. And who cleans?! My kids and guests helped clear up and we used paper, so no dishes to wash.... well almost.

Also I never said when I arrived in shul, now did I Twisted Evil

AweSumThenSum

Post Tue, Apr 26 2005, 5:37 pm
we finished around 3"30 both nites. it's amazing how much shorter the sedarim seem to last as I get older. when I was younger, they were interminable, and now they fly by too fast.

Sunshine

Post Tue, Apr 26 2005, 7:53 pm
[quote="freilich Who cooks on Yom Tov?! I do only salads and eat leftovers or stuff that was prepared b/4.

So did I but you still have to rush to reheat everything.

And who cleans?! My kids and guests helped clear up and we used paper, so no dishes to wash.... well almost.

I also used paper but I cleaned the table up with my husband. Maybe next time I will ask for help!!! Idea

Also I never said when I arrived in shul, now did I Twisted Evil[/quote]

LOL LOL LOL Now don't tell me your kids let you sleep in till the afternoon. Wink

Tefila

Post Tue, Apr 26 2005, 8:36 pm
Quote:
Now don't tell me your kids let you sleep in till the afternoon.

Actually nope, but by the time I dressed the 3 some plus myself, and prepared 2 bottles, 2 blankets, 2 diapers we got there half an hr to the end. Past duchening Sad I"yh next time!

Sunshine

Post Tue, Apr 26 2005, 8:56 pm
[quote="freilich Past duchening Sad I"yh next time![/quote]

B"H you have a next time to look forward to. There is never duchening here because there is no Kohen that comes to shul. The only way we can do it is if a bocher that is a kohen is brought in. The first day we were lucky to have a minyan but unfortunatly the second day there was none.

Tefila

Post Tue, Apr 26 2005, 9:02 pm
Well first off we have been here 14yrs, second of all my husband doesn't take no for an answer and bugs them. His nickname now is neshama nudnick w/h love!

Pearl

Post Wed, Apr 27 2005, 6:14 am
Quote:
[quote="Sunshine The first day we were lucky to have a minyan but unfortunatly the second day there was none.
[/quote]

now, that sounds like our shul..... Crying

but on the second day, when we (the ones who did show up) had coffee and cake, my baby decided it was time to walk for the very first time, 4 steady steps Very Happy which was welcomed by loud applause, and we were all proud - the yetztiat mitraim walk Wink !

supermom

Post Thu, Apr 28 2005, 7:09 am
cute pearl and congradulations on your "baby" not anymore though walking once they walk they are all grown up.

Pearl

Post Thu, Apr 28 2005, 7:18 am
thank you supermom! don't they grow up fast?!
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics