Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions
Art and framing store in Yerushalayim?

amother

Post Mon, Sep 03 2012, 3:04 am
I have a painting from my monther,a"h. It was in a Bnei Brak house now for 20-30 years. The paint is peeling off already and I really want to preserve it. Does anyone know of a reliable store in Yerushalayim that I can trust to do something with it (if something can be done at all) and frame it?

tizunabi

Post Mon, Sep 03 2012, 3:12 am
MISSgarot on the part of betzalel (center of town) that is pedestrian only (above shmuel haNagid).

amother

Post Mon, Sep 03 2012, 9:36 am
Thanks. Have you had experience with them? What do you know about them? Do you know how I can get a hold of their phone number?

tizunabi

Post Mon, Sep 03 2012, 9:41 am
I've had experience with them and with other framers. She (Nava) is very artsy and if given a free reign on colors and stuff she will give you a very pretty frame/picture set. She knows what she can handle and what she can't so she'll tell you if she can take care of the picture you have.
She IS relatively expensive and I don't recommend her for standard framing, but for the stuff you seem to want I would go to her.
I should have her number at home and I'll look for it tonight.

amother

Post Mon, Sep 03 2012, 9:58 am
Thanks so much Tizunabi! It seems you do have experience with this. This is the first time I'm doing something of this sort. Do you mind filling me in? Other than just choosing a frame and framing the painting what does else is done? What is the difference between let's say Nava and other framers? What should the price range be, I know it depends on the size, but approximately what are we talking about?

I'd really appreciate the number, whenever you have it. Thanks.

amother

Post Mon, Sep 03 2012, 10:09 am
One more question - Someone told me about an old man named Refoel and his son that have a store on a street called Chavtzelet, off Yafo. Are you familiar with them?

SleepingBeauty

Post Mon, Sep 03 2012, 1:35 pm
There's a store in Rav Shefa Mall on Rechov Shamgar. But, I have no experience with them.

tizunabi

Post Mon, Sep 03 2012, 2:46 pm
Ok, I'm not an expert in any way shape or form, but I'll tell you what I've experienced.
I went to MISSgarot twice for myself, but my MIL has been using her for years. I've been to other framers as well for other small things.
The two things I needed from her were more artsy (my ketuba and a puzzle DH and I did together) and I trusted her art/style and they both came out great.
You choose the matting, the frame, if the picture is going to be inset from the frame, whatever you want.

The other framers I've been to are good and professional, but just aren't as artsy. They do a good job at framing, but pay less attention to detail. I don't go to Nava frequently because of the price/location, but there are specific jobs that I feel just need a different touch.

ETA: I'm not familiar with the other framers mentioned. My MIL lives and works in the center of town for many many years now and I just take her advice with professionals in that area, she sent me to MISSgarot so that's where I went.

tizunabi

Post Wed, Sep 05 2012, 4:39 pm
sorry couldnt find the number....

Shuly

Post Wed, Sep 05 2012, 6:30 pm
There is a framing store on Rechov Yoel, off of Meah Shearim, in the Bucharian shuk. They won't retouch your painting, but the man who works there has a very good eye and will help you choose the right colors. (I think he is an Arab, but the owner is Jewish). Their prices are excellent.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions