Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Manners & Etiquette
Do you agree with my friend?
Previous  1  2

amother

Post Tue, Sep 04 2012, 7:36 pm
Funny you should say that, amother 10:11. When I was on the board of my synagogue-- only because friends roped me into it--I got more satisfaction from coming in once a month or so and cleaning up the shul's kitchen. It was one part satisfaction seeing the room look nice and orderly, three parts aggravation at the filthy slobs who would leave their dirty napkins and half-eaten slices of cake lying around when there were industrial-size trash bins right there. I started doing this out of love for the shul and feeling it was a disgrace for the kitchen to be such a mess. I quit because doing this job was destroying my ahavat habriyot and the frustration was threatening my mental health. Now I just stay away from the kitchen and don't look.

tsiggelle

Post Wed, Sep 05 2012, 6:18 am
yo'ma wrote:
I hope not because I plan on volunteering at a gemach as soon as my friend sets it up Mad . I plan on being responsible and doing what needs to be done, but at the same time, I'm not getting paid and I don't need to be doing it, so I'm going to put my feelings, time, or whatever into consideration.

if you set clear rules, and both of you are healthy emotionally, it should go well.

if some people's bad experience make one avoid that thing, no one would give birth! people had bad experiences with volunteer work, but so do many many people have with paid work

as long as you come in to it with the right perspectives, set up clear rules, evaluate the situation from time to time, you should be fine

hatslacha rabba
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Relationships -> Manners & Etiquette