Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women -> Teachers' Room
Cute Shabbos party ideas please?

Shmaichel

Post Thu, Sep 06 2012, 11:27 pm
I'm looking for some cute Shabbos party ideas for my preschool classroom.
I'd love my Shabbos party to be fun, meaningful, and exciting for the kids.
Any ideas would be appreciated!!

girlzrus

Post Fri, Sep 07 2012, 1:02 am
there's the usual. shabbos mommy ( and somtimes bubby too) light the shabbos canldes, the shabbos totty/abba go to shul ( with grandfather, bochurim, guest...) come home, make kiddush, challah and then nosh party. sing shabbos songs.
the children can be dressed up w a bag of morah's costumes or can come to school that way.

Shopmiami49

Post Fri, Sep 07 2012, 1:45 am
I have a very small group, so there is only Shabbos Imma or Abba - not both.

First I put on "Uncle Moshy - Shabbos is coming" and we dance and clean up the gan room for Shabbos. We set up the tables and chairs and put out the tablecloth and kiddush cup and challah cover. Then, if there is an abba that week, then I light tea lights and then the abba comes home from shul. We all sit in our seat and hold hands and sing shalom aleichem together. Then the abba makes kiddush and we pour the grape juice into little cups and he passes it out. Then he gives out the snack he brought and we all make a bracha together and then thank him for it. Then we just talk aabout shabbos, sometimes I tell a story or read "Is it Shabbos yet?".

When there is an imma that week, she lights the candles and makes the bracha nad we all say amen. Then she says out loud what she is davening for. Then we all sit and sing shalom aleichem together and make kiddush together.

IT's very sweet and the kids really enjoy it!

sky

Post Fri, Sep 07 2012, 8:47 am
my child's morah - for the shabbos tatty - gives him a plastic kiddush cup to use to make kiddush on grape juice for the class - and then he gets to bring it home. He feels so special. It does break eventually, but until then it continues the excitement.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics