Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Twins, Triplets, and more
Nursing Twins Simultaneously

amother

Post Thu, Sep 27 2012, 11:45 pm
So I tried it once and twice and again and I'm about to give up... nursing them at once that is. One last try is seeking help here Smile

I bought the My Brest Friend pillow... now HOW DO I LATCH ON SECOND KID WITHOUT GETTING FIRST ONE OFF??? It keeps on happening and I'm left with screeching frustrated babies fand a VERY frustrated mom.. (myself).

How did you do it???? Please help!!!

amother

Post Thu, Sep 27 2012, 11:47 pm
I laid on my back and nursed them upsidedown.

Jughead

Post Fri, Sep 28 2012, 12:19 am
when they were newborns, I always started with the one who had a stronger latch and better head control. Once he was latched on and sucking vigorously, I supported his head (on the nursing pillow) with the crook of my elbow so that I would have both hands to help his brother.
at the newborn stage, I was only able to do this with the nursing pillow, when they got a little bigger, getting them latched was no longer a big deal and I was able to prop them with pillows or just my legs (depending on how I was sitting).
but I never got the hang of nursing them together while I was lying down.

momx6

Post Fri, Sep 28 2012, 12:50 am
I was able to nurse my twins for over a year! This is what I did: I used the twin nursing pillow made by double blessing. Com. I sat in a comfy chair with a wedge behind my back. This way I was sitting very upright with my back straight up.

My twins laid on either side of the pillow with their feet kinda tucked behind me.
This was I was able to nurse HANDS FREE!

I was able to cut their nails while they were nursing, eat meals, talk on the phone... Also if one twin had to be burped or adjusted I was able to do it.

Hatzlacha!

Zus

Post Sat, Sep 29 2012, 8:45 pm
I nursed in football hold, and made sure that the first twin was leaning into me a bit and latched on well, so she wouldn't pop off Smile

In general I preferred to nurse them separately, because I liked to give each one separate attention. That only works if they're not super long nursers, like some of my other kids Smile

ntm1

Post Sun, Sep 30 2012, 9:20 am
How in the world did you peaople do it? my twins are 2 and I gave them bottles.. I could not for the life of mine get both babies latched on? I only have 2 hands - I had no way of getting the second 1 on when I needed 1 hand for the first baby...........

amother

Post Sun, Sep 30 2012, 9:22 am
ntm1 wrote:
How in the world did you peaople do it? my twins are 2 and I gave them bottles.. I could not for the life of mine get both babies latched on? I only have 2 hands - I had no way of getting the second 1 on when I needed 1 hand for the first baby...........

That's why I did it laying down. Once the first baby was latched on, I would attend to the second baby.

frisbee17

Post Wed, Oct 03 2012, 9:36 pm
I've only been able to nurse separately. I'd love to be able to do simultaneous

momx6

Post Wed, Oct 03 2012, 9:42 pm
It was really a pleasure to be able to nurse my twins at the same time. Especially because I had a 4 yr old and a 2 yr old who also needed my attention. The only drawback was once I was sitting down to nurse I was completely stuck in that chair. But it was a real time saver.

momx6

Post Wed, Oct 03 2012, 10:20 pm
It was really a pleasure to be able to nurse my twins at the same time. Especially because I had a 4 yr old and a 2 yr old who also needed my attention. The only drawback was once I was sitting down to nurse I was completely stuck in that chair. But it was a real time saver.

amother

Post Wed, Oct 10 2012, 6:53 pm
momx5 wrote:
I was able to nurse my twins for over a year! This is what I did: I used the twin nursing pillow made by double blessing. Com. I sat in a comfy chair with a wedge behind my back. This way I was sitting very upright with my back straight up.

My twins laid on either side of the pillow with their feet kinda tucked behind me.
This was I was able to nurse HANDS FREE!

I was able to cut their nails while they were nursing, eat meals, talk on the phone... Also if one twin had to be burped or adjusted I was able to do it.

Hatzlacha!

OP here.
HOW IN THE WORLD DID YOU DO THIS???? I tried again now and it's SO HARD!!! CAN I pm U?

momx6

Post Wed, Oct 10 2012, 7:43 pm
Sure!

DefyGravity

Post Thu, Oct 25 2012, 8:27 pm
Op, it can take awhile to tandem nurse twins. I nursed them one at a time, and when they were around 5 weeks old I started nursing them together on the Brest Friend twins pillow. I do it on the bed so that you can get them both onto the pillow. At the beginning I usually needed dh's help to get them on the pillow.

It's not always easy, but don't give up.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Twins, Triplets, and more