Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating
What to look for when moving?"!

shevi

Post Wed, Oct 10 2012, 5:01 pm
We are looking to move. I am due in 4 weeks and have a 16 month baby . I prefer to move before we have the next one..my husband has a full time job which leaves me to do all the searching and looking.
any idea what should I look for/ ask the landlord when looking at the place . like: is there parking? and where can we build a Sukkah? if u can help me think of anything itll be appriciated.

Ema of 5

Post Wed, Oct 10 2012, 5:09 pm
each person is going to have something else that is important to them, but here are some that I can think of....

1. where is parking? do you have your own spot, or do you have to park on the street? if you have to park on the street, how hard is it to find parking?

2. one sink or two?

3. dishwasher in the kitchen?

4. washing machine/dryer in the apartment?

5. how does it work when there is a problem- do you fix it and get reimbursed or does he take care of fixing it?

6. can you bring your own appliances or does the apartment come with them?

sarlal

Post Wed, Oct 10 2012, 5:11 pm
hi! b'sha'ah tovah Smile
you'll want to have an inspector come in to make sure that everything is up to code and that it is safe to live there as is (no mold, gases, leaks, etc.)
where are you looking to move?
ask if there is an alarm, if the area has frequent robberies, ask how much condo/apartment association bills are, ask about where people your age live, look into shuls in area, schools, shiurim, shopping and mikvahs
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating