Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Reading Room
The narrow bridge by peri berger in Ami living
1  2  3  4  Next

b.chadash

Post Sun, Oct 14 2012, 12:01 am
Anyone out there reading peri berger's serial in ami living? Its about a couple who is separated. It started out from the therapists perspective, but now it switched to the wife's perspective..comments, anyone?

rainbow dash

Post Sun, Oct 14 2012, 2:43 am
yes I have a few,why is it that people think like the lady in the story that they can get divorced over something so little and expect to get remarried to something perfect next time even though she has a few kids. In this week she said that she would never of gotten separated if he had supported her better. and her friend who she met for coffee said that she got divorced cause her husband was a slob. Sorry ,but is that a reason to get divorced?????????? I think that it shows how disposable marriage is to the people in this story. Didn't they love their husbands in the beginning? where is that now?

Another thing is how come she doesn't know when to serve lunch or dinner or when to put her kids to bed? like come on how hard is that? did her dh really do everything in the house? cause if he did maybe that's why he couldn't work to earn enough cause he had to help so much at home.

those are my thoughts that I get from this story and I hope that she realizes her mistake before its to late.

b.chadash

Post Sun, Oct 14 2012, 8:42 am
Actually, I got that part where she says that her day revolved around her husband's schedule. On the rare occasions that my husband goes out of town, I also feel unmoored, and its harder to stick to a schedule...it doesn't seem to matter as much.
I don't think its only because her husband helped so much.
To me, it seems like she is on the lazy side, and has gotten used to her husband doing a lot in the house, while she spent time on facebook.
Even now in her mothers house, she sits on the couch reading magazines and sending text messages, and basically let's her mother do everything.
Her husband on the other hand seems to be good natured and probably allowed himself to be taken advantage of big time, due to his weak character.

elisheva25

Post Sun, Oct 14 2012, 10:38 am
I think the whole series so far is extremely superficial and silly!!!!!

Sherri

Post Sun, Oct 14 2012, 12:35 pm
The therapist comes across as unprofessional to me.

b.chadash

Post Sun, Oct 14 2012, 2:33 pm
Really? I am finding the style quite interesting. I liked how we hear the story from the perspective of the therapist, on how he views the couple and why he says what he does. Its a refreshing change from the usual "all knowing" smooth talkling psychologist usually portrayed in novels.
Also, I feel like she's doing a really good job with describing the characters personalities. I feel like I really know them.

Eminem

Post Tue, Oct 23 2012, 1:06 am
Hey I'm as guilty as anyone else who reads it, but I wonder when it became acceptable to find entertainment in someone else's poor marriage and messy divorce, albeit fictional.
I think it's a weird thing to turn to for your "Shabbos reading" and it scares me to think about all the Tweens and teenagers reading about problems they shouldn't need to know about.

rainbow dash

Post Tue, Oct 23 2012, 3:00 am
[quote="Eminem"]Hey I'm as guilty as anyone else who reads it, but I wonder when it became acceptable to find entertainment in someone else's poor marriage and messy divorce, albeit fictional.
I think it's a weird thing to turn to for your "Shabbos reading" and it scares me to think about all the Tweens and teenagers reading about problems they shouldn't need to know about.[/quote

I agree with you but I feel that girls should read this just so they will see that one shouldn't expect a perfect perfect husband and that such a thing does not exist. Also they should see the reality of divorce. And how its not going to be a bed of roses like the lady in the story thinks. She goes on last week again about how if her dh had supported her better or the way she was used to she wouldn't of separated. Sorry but I dont think thats reason to get divorced. in the story he did a lot more then most husbands helping around the house and they did seem happy according to the story. I hope she wakes up before its too late.

A lot of people fall on hard times financially, just look around you, and they dont just get up and call it quits cause their dh is having difficulties for a few yrs. People do and they can get themselves back up

But maybe there is more tho the story then the author is letting on.

rainbow dash

Post Sun, Nov 25 2012, 3:33 pm
any thoughts on this weeks story line. im happy to see that see finally woke up and saw that see doesn't wont to get divorced over him not bringing her roses every week etc. but shes too late. I hope she has a happy ending in the end.

rainbow dash

Post Thu, Dec 20 2012, 3:37 pm
anyone else going crazy from the suspense? What is going to happen already?

sky

Post Thu, Dec 20 2012, 3:53 pm
What is going on? I haven't read it in 2 weeks. Last I read she changed her mind.

rainbow dash

Post Thu, Dec 20 2012, 4:14 pm
last wk they were at the bet din and he was about to give her the get then we read his thoughts and this wk we read her thoughts. But he hasnt yet passed it to her and all the time the rabbis are asking them both are you sure are you sure and the say yes but I think that they really dont. I hope next week it ends cause its driving me insane.

Zehava

Post Thu, Dec 20 2012, 4:23 pm
Yeah well that's the whole point. It's like gellas labor in the binah that took three weeks.

rainbow dash

Post Sat, Dec 29 2012, 5:31 pm
So they finally got divorced!!!!! Now what? are they gonna wake up and realize the mistake they made and get remarried?

shmaichul

Post Sat, Dec 29 2012, 10:39 pm
I was so sure they wouldnt end up actually getting divorced... I guess we'll have to wait and see! lol

ra_mom

Post Sat, Dec 29 2012, 11:29 pm
rainbow dash wrote:
So they finally got divorced!!!!! Now what? are they gonna wake up and realize the mistake they made and get remarried?
I doubt it.
I think the author is trying to prove a point, and show how many people live with regret after divorce.

Zehava

Post Sun, Dec 30 2012, 12:14 am
I think they will get remarried. The therapist did. Shows the authors train of thought. Plus all their regret... Jmho

rainbow dash

Post Sat, Jan 05 2013, 5:30 pm
any thoughts on this weeks installment? Does her parents think that shes happier now? Why did she get divorced without thinking about what that means for her day to day? Does she now get that her parents were kind of behind this?

malkacooks

Post Wed, Jan 09 2013, 1:33 pm
I missed a few weeks... what is going on now? last I read they were going to the beis din for the get. Now I'm so confused when I picked up this week's story

sky

Post Wed, Jan 09 2013, 2:25 pm
they got their get.
She doesn't know what to do the rest of her life. Her parents have no advice.
Page 1 of 4 1  2  3  4  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Reading Room