Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Reading Room
The narrow bridge by peri berger in Ami living
Previous  1  2  3  4  Next

malkacooks

Post Wed, Jan 09 2013, 2:55 pm
thanks so much for the update... thats too bad about the divorce

sky

Post Wed, Jan 09 2013, 8:16 pm
What happened this week?

seeker

Post Wed, Jan 09 2013, 9:41 pm
Can someone help me understand what happened in this story? I was enjoying the style and sort of half following the story because I don't read Ami every week but at the beginning it was easy enough to follow without reading every issue. Then at some point I obviously missed the details. I also missed a big chunk at one point and all of a sudden they were talking about getting divorced. So now I've been following the divorce proceedings without actually understanding what was wrong in the first place - I mean, there were obviously issues, but I didn't get to the point of what they actually were. Wonder if it will ever be printed in a book so I can read it straight through!

flowerpower

Post Wed, Jan 09 2013, 9:43 pm
The point she is trying to make is that divorce isn't always the easy way out. It seems like an escape at first until reality hits. If only they would have communicated a little better and each would have bent a bit they would be happy with each other.

sky

Post Thu, Jan 10 2013, 10:00 am
seeker wrote:
Can someone help me understand what happened in this story? I was enjoying the style and sort of half following the story because I don't read Ami every week but at the beginning it was easy enough to follow without reading every issue. Then at some point I obviously missed the details. I also missed a big chunk at one point and all of a sudden they were talking about getting divorced. So now I've been following the divorce proceedings without actually understanding what was wrong in the first place - I mean, there were obviously issues, but I didn't get to the point of what they actually were. Wonder if it will ever be printed in a book so I can read it straight through!

The issues were mainly hers (or so it seems): They live in a small apartment (she hates), he doesn't make enough money and won't take money from her parents to improve their living conditions. She is addicted to her phone and facebook. She spends much more then they can afford on credit card, hides the bills from her husband, and her parents pay (she hides that too from him, he only finds out after she moves out). Her parents are encouraging her to move out and insist that they will help her .

He comes across, even from her POV that he is a nice guy who helps her with the kids, writes her sweet love notes.

seeker

Post Thu, Jan 10 2013, 1:19 pm
OK, I'd gathered she had a shopping problem but I sort of thought they'd just work that out. With the therapist or something. Sigh. What I lost is how/where/when their relationship disintegrated, or what/when/why he gave up on her when in the beginning he seemed so reasonable. Was it because she didn't want to cooperate with therapy?

I think I got something like he said "work this out or else" and she thought he was bluffing but he wasn't. So they ended off in a standoff.

I still don't really get it/the point. Scary story.

sky

Post Thu, Jan 10 2013, 1:24 pm
seeker wrote:
OK, I'd gathered she had a shopping problem but I sort of thought they'd just work that out. With the therapist or something. Sigh. What I lost is how/where/when their relationship disintegrated, or what/when/why he gave up on her when in the beginning he seemed so reasonable. Was it because she didn't want to cooperate with therapy?

I think I got something like he said "work this out or else" and she thought he was bluffing but he wasn't. So they ended off in a standoff.

I still don't really get it/the point. Scary story.

He wanted to work on it. She left one therapy session and said thats it.

Once she moved out he decided to just give the get to a) move on with his life b) not be labeled a monster for not giving the get.

She was having second thoughts and returned to the therapist on her own to discuss but he had already gone to bais din by then and I think she was to proud to admit it was a mistake and her parents were cheering her on.

I think once the get precedings got under way and she was out of the house he started seeing the issues in their marriage and her personality.

During the storyline a friend warned her against leaving - like he will move on and get remarried and you will suprised. And then your kids will have a step mother who will load them with junk when they are there - and you will be alone for shabbos.

seeker

Post Thu, Jan 10 2013, 1:38 pm
I hate stories where a main character is an exaggerated idiot.

yeshivishmom

Post Tue, Feb 05 2013, 1:42 pm
anyone following the group in the ami?

rainbow dash

Post Sun, Feb 17 2013, 1:48 pm
I don't get something, When she goes to the therapist and she says that she thought that he would help her with the kids like he used to, only that she doesn't have to be married to him anymore. Did she really think that he would move in to the house during the day to cook shop and do homework with the kids take them to school and put them to bed while not being married to her?

And why didn't anyone tell her what it would be like after the divorce and the halachos etc.

Am I the only one who thinks that she is immature.

malkacooks

Post Tue, Feb 19 2013, 11:25 am
I missed the last 2 weeks... what happend

Pickle Lady

Post Tue, Feb 19 2013, 11:34 am
So Shraga is dating a women with kids seriously and the women wants to introduce her kids to him. Shuli finds out from his sister that she bumps into. She is upset that he didn't tell her and that he was able to move on.

malkacooks

Post Tue, Feb 19 2013, 1:45 pm
ty pickle lady... I like your screen name... cute...

is shuli still seeing the therapist?

rainbow dash

Post Tue, Feb 19 2013, 5:14 pm
malkacooks wrote:
ty pickle lady... I like your screen name... cute...

is shuli still seeing the therapist?

yes she is

Sherri

Post Tue, Feb 19 2013, 5:22 pm
Rainbow, what do you mean halachos?

rainbow dash

Post Tue, Feb 19 2013, 6:26 pm
Sherri wrote:
Rainbow, what do you mean halachos?

The halachos of what happens after the divorce I think. Thats what she said to her therapist.

Alef Bais

Post Thu, Feb 28 2013, 9:28 pm
I am totally loving this serial. It's the best I've ever read!
Hoping for a good ending. I was upset to see Shraga got engaged to the divorcee he was dating. You never know, maybe it will break off and Shuly will still have a second chance.

Sherri

Post Thu, Feb 28 2013, 9:31 pm
I still don't get what halachos after a divorce.

rainbow dash

Post Fri, Mar 01 2013, 2:50 am
Sherri wrote:

I dont know either

realeez

Post Fri, Mar 01 2013, 7:52 am
Sherri wrote:

I was wondering the same but then thought maybe they were referring to Shraga not just calling Shuli to shmooze? From the context that seemed to make sense... Not exactly Halacha though...
Page 2 of 4 Previous  1  2  3  4  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Reading Room