Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise
What exercise can I do at home w/o machines?

amother

Post Tue, Oct 16 2012, 4:31 pm
I think I would benefit from doing exercise on a regular basis. I live in a tiny apartment so I have no room for any machines. And we have no stairs here. Is there some kind of exercise I can do at home? For various reasons I cant just take a walk around the block.

Taliaville

Post Tue, Oct 16 2012, 6:29 pm
You can do squats, lunges, chair dips, wall pushups, regular push ups, planks, alot of pilates exercises are prop free.

amother

Post Tue, Oct 16 2012, 6:31 pm
Taliaville wrote:
You can do squats, lunges, chair dips, wall pushups, regular push ups, planks, alot of pilates exercises are prop free.
Can you please explain what those things are or direct me to a website? I only heard of regular pushups..

ora_43

Post Tue, Oct 16 2012, 6:31 pm
Try sparkpeople.com or their workout videos on youtube. Or other workout videos. There's a lot out there and most doesn't take much space.

Post Tue, Oct 16 2012, 6:43 pm
Chani8 recommended a great beginner workout video which takes hardly any room. The OP of that thread also thought it was good. If you pm her I think she would gladly forward the name.

I can't copy and paste on my cell.

chocolate moose

Post Tue, Oct 16 2012, 9:16 pm
You can get DVDs for free at your local library

Taliaville

Post Tue, Oct 16 2012, 9:22 pm
amother wrote:
Taliaville wrote:
Can you please explain what those things are or direct me to a website? I only heard of regular pushups..

Chair dips- http://www.dummies.com/how-to/......html

Wall Push up's - http://www.dummies.com/how-to/......html - you can keep moving them lower, and then off chairs, and things lower to the floor until you can do real push ups. you can also do different variations, like wide arm push ups or diamond push ups, to work different muscles.

Planks are when you stay in push up position, but keep your arms straight and stomach pulled in. You can also get 4 free workouts from lindsay brin that require little to no room or gear- for weights you can use cans or bottles. You can sign up on momsintofitness.com

STovah

Post Tue, Oct 16 2012, 9:33 pm
chocolate moose wrote:
You can get DVDs for free at your local library

This

black sheep

Post Tue, Oct 16 2012, 10:06 pm
jump rope, situps, pushups, squats. that is actually a full workout.

miami85

Post Tue, Oct 16 2012, 10:08 pm
Don't know if this would work for you but you can buy a "step" and do a whole lot of exercises with it, and it can slide under your bed.

acccdac

Post Tue, Oct 16 2012, 11:35 pm
I did a really neat exercise at the gym this week during a class.

The teacher had us go in a plank position (similar to a push up) and we had our toes on paper towels. We then slid our feet out and in, many many times. The paper towel made the sliding possible. Another variation she had us do was to pull our knees inward towards our chest (also with the paper towels) and then back out again behind us.

Most of the exercises that people are suggesting are streghth training. You would also want to get some cardio done (running, walking, dancing, jumping jacks, jump roping, etc). You can find good dvds that have cardio and strength training.

zissy2004

Post Sun, Oct 21 2012, 10:12 am
Jillian Michaels workout DVD's!
she has quite a few and no need for equipment.

3mitzvos

Post Sun, Oct 21 2012, 10:21 am

repeat a few times Smile

OR, I got amazing results with billy blanks' Tae Bo Amped workout dvds.... they were amazing and I liked it more than Jillian's workouts.

3mitzvos

Post Sun, Oct 21 2012, 10:25 am
here's another plan if you don't want to use a DVD:

Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise