Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Entertainment
Can you recommend a "Kosher" movie?
  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  Next

amother

Post Thu, Jun 23 2005, 5:24 pm
Those of you who watch movies at home. Can you recommend good, relatively clean movies?

Motek

Post Thu, Jun 23 2005, 5:26 pm
freilich wrote:
I was once traveling on a plane back from Austrailia and saw a film called 'cheaper by the dozen', ladies for any of you going nuts this is a classic, older black and white style and makes one proud to have a large family and is sooo clean makes me wonder who wrote it. And no I don't usually watch or recommend movies shock but this is for the women who again, feels she's losing it Very Happy

IndyMom

Post Thu, Jun 23 2005, 8:01 pm
Newsies - a musical about the paper boys in old new york. (one of my faves)

The Sound of Music

proudmom

Post Thu, Jun 23 2005, 8:22 pm
I love the sound of music, I saw the video numerous times.

technic

Post Fri, Jun 24 2005, 2:34 am
it HAS 2 b the sound of music - best film ever made!!!...also fiddler on the roof Exclamation ...the goodbye girl is amazing 2...and (im embarrassed 2 admit this) but I loved the princess diaries and shrek embarrassed (yes I DO have kids bh and THATS my excuse!!!)

Pearl

Post Fri, Jun 24 2005, 3:17 am
technic, me 2!

technic

Post Fri, Jun 24 2005, 3:19 am
pearl bh 4 that!!!

IndyMom

Post Fri, Jun 24 2005, 5:30 am
I really don't like shrek, or any of the pixar movies. My kids are actually afraid of them. Same thing with all those disney movies. I finally let them watch Lion King since it doesnt have any half naked women, but the way the two adult lions "play" together during the love scene was a little to s-xual. I don't know who makes these 'kids" movies, but they really don't seem appropriate. I do like the classic musicals like sound of music, mary poppins, 7 brides for 7 brothers. I also let my kids watch certain kids shows like Barney, Backyardigans, and Sesame street. We have a VCR and DVD in our van so for long trips I have bought some of these TV shows on DVD or video and let them watch them.

technic

Post Fri, Jun 24 2005, 6:03 am
indy I agree w u re kids films - it amazes me sometimes how scary they can be - and the makers KNOW theyre 4 kids so whats the point?!

deedee

Post Fri, Jun 24 2005, 1:59 pm
I also agree! I think they are trying to attract an adult audience so they throw inuendos in so we wont get bored by the cartoon. even some of the classics like, 'sleeping beauty', have boy/girl stuff and a kiss in it.
'finding nemo' was pretty clean and VERY funny.
my kids were just watching an oldie-abbott&costello Jack and the beanstalk-they were laughing away.
'good boy' is another favorite. its rated PG but its also pretty clean.

amother

Post Sat, Jun 25 2005, 12:11 pm
monsters inc and the incredibles were cutte animated films. Alsofreaky friday was good (its a revised version)

amother

Post Sat, Jun 25 2005, 8:40 pm
what kind of clean movies? for you and husband? for kids? what are your standards for calling it clean?
I have a whole system for rating a movie clean for my husband and I to watch and I can share with you some tips and a great website that I use to find out what exactly is coming in the movie. I find regular ratings dont include if there are any barely dressed women. but this website does mention that.
www.screenit.com

amother

Post Sat, Jun 25 2005, 9:19 pm
amother wrote:

I find regular ratings dont include if there are any barely dressed women. but this website does mention that.
www.screenit.com

Thank you, amother. I will try this website.

Quote:
I have a whole system for rating a movie clean for my husband and I to watch and I can share with you some tips and a great website that I use to find out what exactly is coming in the movie.

Please tell me more, I will appreciate it.

timeout

Post Mon, Jun 27 2005, 11:42 am
what was that movie with Hayley Mills made in the 40's or 50's where she played twins that met each other in summer camp it was so cute and she got her parents back together.

What about Mary Poppins my son loves that Very Happy

cindy324

Post Mon, Jun 27 2005, 12:57 pm
that was parent trap timeout. There is also a remade version of it.with Lindsay Lohan.

timeout

Post Mon, Jun 27 2005, 1:29 pm
I'm definitely not talking about the Lohan one Twisted Evil

Didi

Post Tue, Jun 28 2005, 3:48 pm
how about finding Nemo

amother

Post Thu, Jun 30 2005, 10:39 am
ok here is my system:
kosher for husband during nidda even to watch alone=
absulutely no s-xual situations or jokes or anything to get him thinking along those lines. usually the violent movies that the wife isnt interested in anyway.
Kosher for husband to watch alone but only during non nidda time=
clean with no nudity or barely dressed women, but there are some s-xual situations.
Kosher for married people only =
includes s-xual jokes or comments that you wouldnt be appropriate for unmarrieds but a married couple isnt learning anything new from it.
and its clean with no nudity or barely dressed women.
kosher for men but only if watched together with wife and non nidda time=
means that there are s-xual situations, and possibly bikinis, etc BUT all the bad scenes can be predicted using screenit, and the wife can tell her husband to look away before it comes on.

again in order to know what the movie contains, I go to screenit.com.
I asked the admin to post it in the links section so everyone can benefit.

queenie

Post Thu, Jun 30 2005, 9:27 pm
The wizard of oz and mary poppins

amother

Post Thu, Jun 30 2005, 9:33 pm
Another amother here, are u talking about dvd's or movies in general.
Oh incase your'e wondering why I'm amother well others post annonymously for non personal stuff so I decided to join em
Page 1 of 10   1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  Next Recent Topics