Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Entertainment
Can you recommend a "Kosher" movie?
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  Next

timeout

Post Thu, Feb 16 2006, 8:32 pm
Great movie and it was alot of fun they have another Indian movie by the same producer "Bend it like Beckham" a soccer movie I liked that too.

jewgal84

Post Thu, Feb 16 2006, 8:49 pm
I like comedies with a bit of action.

The tuxedo- Rush hour 1 & 2- Speed 1 & 2- 007-Underclassman-The man- The fast and the furious 1 & 2- Are we there yet- The pacifier

Cheaper by the dozen was really cute, looking forward ot the upcomign one.

Has anyone seen "Yours, mine and ours"? Supposively a new film coming out about a man and women getting married with a total of 17 children, should be hilarious!

I liked reading Jane Austen growing up, after we read Pride and Prejudice in school, we all went to rent the movie, it was a really good one.

How about "The secret garden" or "The little princess", old ones, but good ones and relatively clean too!!!

amother

Post Sun, Feb 26 2006, 11:30 am
Quote:
Leave me alone.... if I enjoy them, whats the problem?
I DO NOT need your rating guidance.. I'm an adult. Now scatttttt

thats awful. Are you Lubavitch or aren't you?

jewgal, you also watch movies? from the rest of your posts I thought you werent the type.

Sad

amother

Post Sun, Feb 26 2006, 12:45 pm
one of the funniest I've seen- "What about Bob"

DefyGravity

Post Sun, Feb 26 2006, 12:49 pm
timeout wrote:
Great movie and it was alot of fun they have another Indian movie by the same producer "Bend it like Beckham" a soccer movie I liked that too.

Great movie. Anybody see "Monsoon Wedding"? It's also a movie that takes place in India.

DefyGravity

Post Sun, Feb 26 2006, 12:51 pm
amother wrote:
Quote:

jewgal, you also watch movies? from the rest of your posts I thought you werent the type.

Sad

If you're going to insult someone and look down on them, it would be nice if you did it without hiding behind Amother.

Grow a backbone.

technic

Post Sun, Feb 26 2006, 1:05 pm
I loved monsoon wedding - and anyone who enjoyed it might also like bride and prejudice (I sound like an amazon recommendation!!! LOL )

shanie5

Post Sun, Feb 26 2006, 3:25 pm
yours, mine and ours is a remake of a classic w/ lucille ball. origional was great! no idea about the new one.

nannie mcphee I saw and enjoyed very much, but there is a scene or two that has much suggestion in it- so I'd be wary of the kids.

I usually check out any movie b4 letting my kids see them.

the lion, the witch and the wardrobe was good too. may be a bit scary for some kids. (not much scares mine)

Mrs.Norris

Post Sun, Feb 26 2006, 7:07 pm
amother wrote:
Are you Lubavitch or aren't you?

What has that got to do with anything?

Good films that I consider clean:

Pirates Of The Caribbean - I can't remember if it has any bad language in it, if it does it's very mild there's a little bit of violence in there aswell. There are of course probably some dresses that show a bit of skin but I think you'll find them in practically anything.

Finding Nemo

The Others - it's a horror film but I don't think there's any actual violence, any bad language or any s-xual scenes. There is reference to Christianity though if that bothers you ...

All the classics like Mary Poppins, Sound Of Music, Fiddler On the Roof (that's a very good one).
The Disney films are also really good.

Crayon210

Post Sun, Feb 26 2006, 7:10 pm
Mrs.Norris wrote:
amother wrote:
Are you Lubavitch or aren't you?

What has that got to do with anything?

Lubavitchers do not generally watch movies, and the poster in question has said she is Lubavitch. That's where amother's confusion came in.

Mrs.Norris

Post Sun, Feb 26 2006, 7:23 pm
Crayon210 wrote:
Lubavitchers do not generally watch movies, and the poster in question has said she is Lubavitch. That's where amother's confusion came in.

I would actually say that it's mostly any hareidi person who doesn't really watch films, not just Lubavitchers.
I knew PLENTY of Lubavitch people who would watch films, in fact it was the Lubavitch people more than the other Beis Yaakov type people who would push all the boundaries (obviously not EVERY Lubavitch person but quite a few).
We'll not go into that now though.

Crayon210

Post Sun, Feb 26 2006, 7:29 pm
In this case the poster is Chabad, which is why the comment was made about Chabad.

I know plenty of Chabadskers who watch movies also, it is not a happy subject. :-(

Mommy912

Post Sun, Feb 26 2006, 7:51 pm
Crayon210 wrote:

I know plenty of Chabadskers who watch movies also, it is not a happy subject. :-(

Crayon, why is it a subject? Why should people worry about what other people do in their own homes?

hardwrknmom

Post Sun, Feb 26 2006, 7:59 pm
DefyGravity wrote:
amother wrote:
Quote:

Sad

If you're going to insult someone and look down on them, it would be nice if you did it without hiding behind Amother.

Grow a backbone.

Thanks Defygravity & Mrs. Norris. I was the one that posted "I dont need rating guidance.."..

I didn't find the connection with that and being who I am what-so-ever.
And now for crayon...

Crayon210

Post Sun, Feb 26 2006, 8:05 pm
Mommy912 wrote:
Crayon210 wrote:

Crayon, why is it a subject? Why should people worry about what other people do in their own homes?

It's just sad when a community does not follow the directives of their Rebbe. I worry for others' spiritual health, and hope that the Rebbe's (in this case, the Lubavitcher Rebbe) directives are followed properly.

shanie5

Post Sun, Feb 26 2006, 11:23 pm
I question fiddler on the roof. as a movie, yes its "clean", but what is the story? first girl chooses her own husband (not bad) second chooses a reform guy, and third marries a [gentile]. so how can you reccomend the movie?

technic

Post Mon, Feb 27 2006, 4:15 am
shanie - as a warning maybe? Confused

truth is, these things HAPPEN - its a great movie in general and could be used as a talking point if watched as a fam, as 2 how easy it is 2 get caught up in the world around u etc etc..

Pearl

Post Mon, Feb 27 2006, 9:01 am
technic wrote:
shanie - as a warning maybe? Confused

truth is, these things HAPPEN - its a great movie in general and could be used as a talking point if watched as a fam, as 2 how easy it is 2 get caught up in the world around u etc etc..
I totally agree, I think it's a beautiful movie.

btw, hardwrkmom, I loved shawshank redemption!

DefyGravity

Post Mon, Feb 27 2006, 9:26 am
Shawshank is excellent.

Here are some movies that I can watch countless times:
Ghostbusters
Beetlejuice
Men in Black
Grease
Little Shop of Horrors

Rivka

Post Mon, Feb 27 2006, 11:29 am
There are loads of great movies, IRobot was quite good.
AI was good, but it's also very sad.

And how come every post turns into a holier than thou argument and a sudden "I do care about you and I am sad to hear that your spirituality is lacking, because mine is obviously not so" Just go look in your own freaking mirror and stop trying to educate others out of your own insecurities. This place has become a one stop machmir shop!
Page 4 of 10   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  Next Recent Topics