Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling
Frum Montessori in Israel?

bakingmama

Post Thu, Nov 08 2012, 5:54 pm
Does anyone know if there are any orthodox Montessori schools in Israel?...preferably American/ English speaking too Very Happy

In the kitchen

Post Thu, Nov 08 2012, 6:03 pm
I wish they had Montessori here. Most Israelis have never heard of it before and it is just starting to be known. I was at a women's meeting and someone gave a presentation about it. All the Israelis were extremely skeptical until I piped in and said that where I grew up they were very popular schools and that the children coming out of them were all labeled gifted or genius.

I would imagine that a few years down the line there will be a Montessori school or two popping up, I hope!

bakingmama

Post Thu, Nov 08 2012, 6:11 pm
Thanks, I was snooping around the internet before and it seemed like it IS a popular thing in Israel; in Tel Aviv mostly, they seemed to be very into the methodology. The schools I found were not religious, so I was just wondering if it caught on yet in our circles...

In the kitchen

Post Thu, Nov 08 2012, 6:13 pm
bakingmama wrote:
Thanks, I was snooping around the internet before and it seemed like it IS a popular thing in Israel; in Tel Aviv mostly, they seemed to be very into the methodology. The schools I found were not religious, so I was just wondering if it caught on yet in our circles...

Interesting. Then I guess it is a non religious thing because the dati leumi population here seems to only be hearing about it now. You will get better answers if you bump this thread in about 6-7 hours, it is 1:15am here now Smile I am interested to hear what others will say!

Zus

Post Thu, Nov 08 2012, 6:26 pm
There isn't a frum Montessori school AFAIK. All the Montessori schools are very secular. They aren't even schools, just gan.

We send DD to a Waldorf/antroposophic based torani gan in Jerusalem.

amother

Post Thu, Nov 08 2012, 6:49 pm
I'm so interested to see where this goes. I am a Montessori trained teacher, for primary. Which is age 3-6, and my family is planning on makin Aliya in the summer. I would love to start or even work in a Montessori school because it is an educational philosophy I believe in. And then I know my children will be going to a school that I agree with the philosophy.

Where would be the best place to have a Montessori school? I would assume yerushalyin? Or maybe if it's geared to Americans RBS.

bakingmama

Post Thu, Nov 08 2012, 8:43 pm
I am seriously thinking of making aliyah too, but school is a major concern for me. I would only move now, while they're still young if I knew I had a great school for them to attend. Otherwise, I'll just have to wait...
It is catching on, though- slowly...
Yerushalaim sounds good to me Very Happy that's where I'll probably end up...

Last edited by bakingmama on Thu, Nov 08 2012, 8:45 pm; edited 1 time in total

Cookies n Cream

Post Thu, Nov 08 2012, 8:45 pm
amother wrote:
I'm so interested to see where this goes. I am a Montessori trained teacher, for primary. Which is age 3-6, and my family is planning on makin Aliya in the summer. I would love to start or even work in a Montessori school because it is an educational philosophy I believe in. And then I know my children will be going to a school that I agree with the philosophy.

Where would be the best place to have a Montessori school? I would assume yerushalyin? Or maybe if it's geared to Americans RBS.

OOC, what type of schooling do you need? Where were you trained?

Zus

Post Fri, Nov 09 2012, 8:37 am
There aren't any Montessori schools at all. Just ganim. There are about 2 antroposophic schools, but they're both as anti religious as can be.

amother

Post Tue, Nov 13 2012, 8:04 pm
I am the amother above. I am only trained to work with gan age (3-6) children. When we do make aliya PG, I would not want my children to be in an American run school, because I want them to adapt to Israeli society. Even though I do not agree with 'traditional' schools I would if living in Israel. But I would supplement with the educational material at home, and maybe even run a chug for children in the afternoons.

If I have the primary material I can teacher math multiple digits addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division.. just with the material from the primary age, it would be appropriate for elementary age too.
Sciences would include, zoology, botany, astronomy
Geography would include continents and in depth studies of countries.
Language too, would carry into elementary because the material covers everything from learning to read and write. Even parts of speech. And there is so much more!!

Now I just need to purchase the material.

lech lecha08

Post Sat, Jan 16 2016, 12:32 pm
Has anything changed in the past 3 years?

amother
Peach

Post Sat, Jan 16 2016, 12:48 pm
There is a Montessori gan in Ramot Eshkol- private.

I actually don't believe in the method so know nothing other than what I've seen in adds.

Zus

Post Sat, Jan 16 2016, 1:17 pm
What does that mean "I don't believe in the method"?

utissis

Post Sat, Jan 16 2016, 5:03 pm
There is a Montessori gan in Ramat Eshkol if you want details I can post

lech lecha08

Post Sat, Jan 16 2016, 5:14 pm
utissis wrote:
There is a Montessori gan in Ramat Eshkol if you want details I can post

Thanks, looking for a school though

amother
Mauve

Post Sat, Jan 16 2016, 6:09 pm
Contact Netivot Montessori in East Brunswick, NJ. They would know!

Zus

Post Sun, Jan 17 2016, 2:28 am
There is a school of Maayanot Rabbi Chiyya and there is an info night on Tuesday.

queenert

Post Sun, Jan 17 2016, 5:27 am
amother wrote:

The gan in Ramat Eshkol is actually looking for a teacher. PM if you want the contact info.

shabbatiscoming

Post Sun, Jan 17 2016, 5:32 am
queenert wrote:
The gan in Ramat Eshkol is actually looking for a teacher. PM if you want the contact info.
That poster wrote that post 4 years ago Smile

queenert

Post Sun, Jan 17 2016, 7:56 am
Wow...
Guess she did or didn't make aliya then, huh?
Smile
shabbatiscoming wrote:
That poster wrote that post 4 years ago Smile
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics