Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise
Rabbi Twerski's book on weight loss
Previous  1  2  3  Next

debsters1101

Post Tue, Nov 13 2012, 10:07 am
I just worry about new people hopping in to read, or criticize, or add comments, if they're not reading the book. I can see it now- "what's the problem ladies? Just shut your mouth and go for a run!"

debsters1101

Post Tue, Nov 13 2012, 10:08 am
Maybe we can request a locked forum

OOTBubby

Post Tue, Nov 13 2012, 10:15 am
debsters1101 wrote:
Maybe we can request a locked forum

Or maybe just a Safe Haven forum. Then we can just tell those kind of posters to bug off.

CatLady

Post Tue, Nov 13 2012, 11:10 am
I'd like either of those options! The Locked Forum would be ideal, because presumably after we've gone through the book, we'll continue to support each other. Who's gonna PM Yael?? We should probably do it sooner rather than later, because this probably isn't the most important thing she has to deal with!

Maybe we could be a subgroup of the Emotional Eating group, if that's the easiest way to go. That's a closed group, so no technical stuff required, just up to us to request membership.

Sherri

Post Tue, Nov 13 2012, 11:23 am
I think many posters would gain from an open forum- if there are concerns, make it a Haven.

debsters1101

Post Tue, Nov 13 2012, 12:55 pm
CatLady wrote:

Maybe we could be a subgroup of the Emotional Eating group, if that's the easiest way to go. That's a closed group, so no technical stuff required, just up to us to request membership.

I like that idea

CatLady

Post Tue, Nov 13 2012, 3:42 pm
I PMed Yael, and requested membership to the Emotional Eating user group. And I got notification that my book shipped! *does Dance of Joy*

Hatemywig

Post Tue, Nov 13 2012, 4:00 pm
This sounds great, I'd love to join a group.

The book is called; The thin within you?

Post Tue, Nov 13 2012, 6:05 pm
I would also like to join and will order the book.

OOTBubby

Post Fri, Nov 16 2012, 10:51 am
Is the general consensus to have this discussion in the Emotional Eating user group? If so, please confirm so we will all know to request membership there.

CatLady

Post Fri, Nov 16 2012, 11:02 am
That's what I thought, OOTBubby. I'm looking forward to getting started. I will open a thread for us under Emotional Eating if that's okay with everyone. I'll wait till Sunday so we can get some more people weighing in on this.

tweek

Post Fri, Nov 16 2012, 11:05 am
I am already a member of the emotional eating group. I read the book a while ago, though I don't have it at home now. Is it okay if I chime in too?

CatLady

Post Fri, Nov 16 2012, 11:07 am
Of course, tweek! Welcome to our group. Anyone else is welcome to join in - don't be shy! Smile

OOTBubby

Post Fri, Nov 16 2012, 12:08 pm
CatLady wrote:
That's what I thought, OOTBubby. I'm looking forward to getting started. I will open a thread for us under Emotional Eating if that's okay with everyone. I'll wait till Sunday so we can get some more people weighing in on this.

Okay, I've PM'ed Yael and asked to join Emotional Eating.

Nicole

Post Sat, Nov 17 2012, 7:52 pm
just ordered for $5 from half.com
thanks for the tip!

bamamama

Post Sat, Nov 17 2012, 8:39 pm
Very interested. I recently read his Self-Improvement Im Jewish book and was very impressed. Im way oot so it may take me a while to get a copy but id like to hang around for the discussion if thats ok. Ill request to join the EE forum.

minnie mouse

Post Sat, Nov 17 2012, 9:46 pm
would love to join. What do I need to do? Order the book?

bamamama

Post Sat, Nov 17 2012, 10:00 pm
YW123 wrote:
OOTBUBBY, if it would be an OA based book, I would actually not like to read it. Nothing against OA, but it's not for my lifestyle. Can someone inform us?

Interestingly, in "Self-Improvement? I'm Jewish!" Rabbi Dr. Twerski says that everyone can benefit from a 12 step program (and he lays out why Jews also need them). Very good stuff.

zissy2004

Post Sun, Nov 18 2012, 6:12 am
Hi, I'm a member of emotional eating but havent posted there in a while. I have been to OA but fell off the wagon since summer. I'll see if I can get the book, sounds interesting. I KNOW my eating is emotional Smile
Looking forward!

zissy2004

Post Sun, Nov 18 2012, 6:21 am
Since I have been buying 1000's of diet books in my lifetime, I have to be sure it's worth the 6 dollars Wink
Can it help someone who is crazy addicted to food?
Page 2 of 3 Previous  1  2  3  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise