Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions
Is it safe for me to come?????????
Previous  1  2  3  4  5

etky

Post Thu, Nov 22 2012, 5:34 am
curlgirl wrote:
etky wrote:
EvenI wrote:
shalhevet wrote:
chanainisrael wrote:
A ceasefire has been declared. IYH it will continue until Moshiach arrives...

The ceasefire is only from our side. The other side forgot about it after about 10 minutes.

I think you are being generous with your 10 minutes. And the text of the agreement leaves room for Gazans to enter Israel and carry out terror attacks without being in breach of the agreement. Sick.

What's even sicker is that they are already enough terrorists in Yehuda and Shomron and East Jerusalem. Aside from the bus bombing in Tel Aviv yesterday and the woman severely injured by rock throwers near Beitar on Tuesday, just last night a bus was fired on at Tzomet Hagush. I don't know for sure which route it is was but in all probability it was the bus DD had just gotten off one stop earlier. She called to say she was getting off the bus and a few minutes later I heard sirens from all over racing in that direction. Heart in mouth moment. I read the reports this morning about what had happened at exactly that time. B"h no one was injured.

I thought a million times before going shopping there this morning.

But I did go and it was business as usual Confused

I was there yesterday evening - crowded as it always is (where else are ya gunna go?) but I did see the shomer checking people with a bit more alacrity than usual. Also - chayalim on guard at every bus stop which is unusual.

EvenI

Post Thu, Nov 22 2012, 5:35 am
I wonder if the Egyptians would let their poor Gaza brethren fire some rockets from Sinai, since the ceasefire doesn't allow them to send any from Gaza?

etky

Post Thu, Nov 22 2012, 5:39 am
EvenI wrote:
I wonder if the Egyptians would let their poor Gaza brethren fire some rockets from Sinai, since the ceasefire doesn't allow them to send any from Gaza?

Funny you should say that since there was just a report that they found the remains of a Katyusha in Ramat Negev fired from Sinai yesterday.
Also - some contradictory reports about a katyusha fired from Lebanon. I guess Hizbollah feels left out of the party.

DrMom

Post Thu, Nov 22 2012, 6:31 am
etky wrote:
EvenI wrote:

Funny you should say that since there was just a report that they found the remains of a Katyusha in Ramat Negev fired from Sinai yesterday.
Also - some contradictory reports about a katyusha fired from Lebanon. I guess Hizbollah feels left out of the party.

Well, why wouldn't they? It seems to be a fruitful way to achieve one's goals and attract praise and support from the rest of the world.

I hear that as a reward for not firing rockets at Israel (or for not firing quite so many), we are easing restrictions on incoming goods to Gaza. Because before it was really difficult for basic goods -- like Iranian rockets -- to get in.

EvenI

Post Thu, Nov 22 2012, 6:48 am
DrMom wrote:
etky wrote:
EvenI wrote:

Well, why wouldn't they? It seems to be a fruitful way to achieve one's goals and attract praise and support from the rest of the world.

I hear that as a reward for not firing rockets at Israel (or for not firing quite so many), we are easing restrictions on incoming goods to Gaza. Because before it was really difficult for basic goods -- like Iranian rockets -- to get in.

Are we also going to slip them a bit of cash?

amother

Post Thu, Nov 22 2012, 10:03 am
Okay imamothers in Israel, this is OP

do you think we should book to come on Sunday? there is no way of knowning if this ceasefire will last, right? what is life like today, is everyone relieved and gettingback to normal or is everyone staying home and worrying still? please advise

Liba

Post Thu, Nov 22 2012, 10:08 am
Are you planning on taking buses or renting a car?

Things are B"H a bit better in some ways. The risk of getting hit by a missile was always low and is now B"H even lower, but the risk of bus bombings and the number of Molotov cocktails thrown at buses and cars is up. The bus bombing yesterday, and the other bus shot up last night are likely to be a trend for a bit while the Arabs are licking their wounds and trying to prove their power.

We are still laying low here and on guard for anything that doesn't look quite right.

Liba

Post Thu, Nov 22 2012, 11:10 am
http://www.israelnationalnews......R19js

Liba

Post Thu, Nov 22 2012, 11:31 am
Bus Stoned Outside Jerusalem's Old City

A bus on Egged's Line 1 in Jerusalem was stoned, Thursday evening, as it traveled next to Herod's Gate (Sha'ar Haperachim), outside the Old City of Jerusalem.

amother

Post Fri, Nov 23 2012, 1:20 am
Hey! This is OP, we are trying again for next week, we booked our flights again this evening, third time lucky I hope! See you soon, my Israeli friends!

Shabbat shalom

curlgirl

Post Fri, Nov 23 2012, 1:25 am
You sound like strong amazing people!

Behatzlacha, and if I can help with any info let me know!

brocha1

Post Fri, Nov 23 2012, 2:36 am
hi I live in rbs made aliyah 2 years ago I would come visit but just be more alert hashem is watching u we had a family from kiryat malachi staying here they went home yesterday my number here is [deleted by mod] if u need anything your going to love israel but make sue u have parnossah hatzlocha

[Please be careful about posting private information on a public thread. Please pm this poster if you'd like to be in touch with her.
brocha1, if you'd like to put your number back you certainly can but I would err on the side of caution. -merelyme, as mod.]

BeershevaBubby

Post Fri, Nov 23 2012, 3:04 am
OP, we'll have to a meet-up in your honor Smile

Liba

Post Fri, Nov 23 2012, 6:30 am
brocha1 wrote:

[Please be careful about posting private information on a public thread. Please pm this poster if you'd like to be in touch with her.
brocha1, if you'd like to put your number back you certainly can but I would err on the side of caution. -merelyme, as mod.]

It is hard to PM someone when they are posting as amother. Wink

[Sorry for the lack of clarity. I meant to pm brocha1. -merelyme]

Amother, you should have a wonderful trip!! I hope you are able to see and accomplish all you are hoping to.

etky

Post Fri, Nov 23 2012, 7:00 am
amother wrote:
Hey! This is OP, we are trying again for next week, we booked our flights again this evening, third time lucky I hope! See you soon, my Israeli friends!

Shabbat shalom

Good luck - you're pretty persistent - that's a quality that will put you in very good stead here!
Keep us posted w/ impressions, questions etc.
Shabbat Shalom and have a safe flight!

amother

Post Fri, Nov 23 2012, 9:26 am
Hi everyone, this is OP!

thanks everyone, you are so supportive, I appreciate that!
Brocha1, thanks for offering that we could call you. I did not get to see your phone nmber. Right now, BHwe ahve made a lot of contacts in RBS, but if I decide I would like to call you then I will PM yuou. thanks a lot! Which schools do your kids go to? We particularly want to spend Shabbos making contact with people who send to ahavat yisrael, which we thnk sounds like the best potential fit for us. If your kids go there, please say so, nad I will DEFITINTELY PM you and call you PG

shabbat shalom

JollyMommy

Post Fri, Nov 23 2012, 4:49 pm
we decided that I'll go with the baby on Tuesday and DH will stay with kids in the US, because a big worry of mine was how the kids would deal without us and if C"V we were delayed.

See you soon IYH!

mummy1985

Post Sat, Nov 24 2012, 12:41 pm
As an RBS resident I'am very excited for you! my sil sends to ahavat yisrael girls feel free to PM me if you want to be in touch, wishing you a safe journey and successful trip
Page 5 of 5 Previous  1  2  3  4  5 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions