Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating
Detroit Housing for the Summer?

amother

Post Mon, Nov 19 2012, 5:38 pm
I am moving to Detroit just for the summer. Does anyone who lives there have any advice about finding summer housing? It doesnt matter what it is. What neighborhoods do people live in? We are professional yeshivish types and are open minded. Thank so much!!!

amother

Post Mon, Nov 19 2012, 5:47 pm
Do you expect to have a choice?

amother

Post Mon, Nov 19 2012, 6:12 pm
amother wrote:
Do you expect to have a choice?

Just to clarify, I did say "It doesn't matter what it is" so no, I do not expect to have a choice necessarily, but being that I dont live in the area, I don't know what the options are-or if there even are options. I would also like to know where people live, especially if my company can provide me with housing nearby. Sometimes there are rental buildings with short term options. I was exploring if perhaps there might be something like this.

Any thoughts or suggestions are much appreciated.

chaylizi

Post Mon, Nov 19 2012, 7:13 pm
There are really no short term rentals here. The standard lease is for a year. People who own rental houses aren't that plentiful because houses are fairly cheap- probably as much as it would cost for rent. You pretty much have to find a place of someone who is going away for the summer, or else see if anyone has a basement space in either Southfield or Oak Park.

amother

Post Mon, Nov 19 2012, 7:55 pm
chaylizi-thank you for your help!!!

amother

Post Mon, Nov 19 2012, 8:11 pm
Perhaps you want to consider putting an ad in the community links with your request.

detroitlinks@gmail.com
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating