Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Chanukah
Good Game For Family Party?
1  2  Next

mfb

Post Thu, Nov 22 2012, 12:44 pm
anyone have ideas for something to do at a chanukah party with all ages there? I would love to have something for the adults and something for the kids.
last year I did something I saw on this site - you put a paper plat on your head, draw a specific picture then get points for different things.
looking for somethingelse for this year. thanks

Sherri

Post Thu, Nov 22 2012, 4:35 pm
I did that game last year- life'sgreat had posted it and it was a hit! Smile

I will be watching this thread...

momsprince

Post Thu, Nov 22 2012, 4:45 pm
can you link to that thread please?

Tinkerbelle

Post Thu, Nov 22 2012, 6:16 pm
What we do is, we take games like "Taboo", "Go Fish", "Pictionary" etc' and make new family themed cards - my family loves reminiscing and this is just a fun and creative way to do it. (though it does take time and effort to prepare!)

amother

Post Thu, Nov 22 2012, 6:33 pm
we do different thing every year. This year- the boy are making a choir and girls are making a dance. We all live pretty close so they are headed by a couple older kids and we have practice 2 times a week. We then reward the kids who are in it with prizes, etc. One 13 year old child is heading a "magic show" and anyone- adult and children who can juggle or knows any tricks will show off.

Adults- every adult got another adult and we have to buy them something up to $10 that starts with their initials. ( like initials CD- I got a Chip and Dip dish, etc). You have to write something that ha gift name in it. Like...I was in the store and saw this chip and dip dish. Everything must be wrapped and we will put in bag and pick one out. everyone will try to guess who gave the present and whos present it I based on what was given/written.

I can't wait should be lots of fun.

In the past we have done funny phony calls with a spoof card- (change voices, etc) and replayed them at the party. We also played "who wants to be a millionaire" with question that pertained to us. (not sure how it was done but was a lot of fun)

everyone gets a present- we divide the kids up and everyone gets a present worth abt $20. Depends on the year how we do it- last year we had a system where we had to label the presents and we had a balloon dance.

sunshine!

Post Thu, Nov 22 2012, 9:37 pm
pm me for a complete game for a crowd

mfb

Post Thu, Nov 22 2012, 9:39 pm
amother wrote:
we do different thing every year. This year- the boy are making a choir and girls are making a dance. We all live pretty close so they are headed by a couple older kids and we have practice 2 times a week. We then reward the kids who are in it with prizes, etc. One 13 year old child is heading a "magic show" and anyone- adult and children who can juggle or knows any tricks will show off.

Adults- every adult got another adult and we have to buy them something up to $10 that starts with their initials. ( like initials CD- I got a Chip and Dip dish, etc). You have to write something that ha gift name in it. Like...I was in the store and saw this chip and dip dish. Everything must be wrapped and we will put in bag and pick one out. everyone will try to guess who gave the present and whos present it I based on what was given/written.

I can't wait should be lots of fun.

In the past we have done funny phony calls with a spoof card- (change voices, etc) and replayed them at the party. We also played "who wants to be a millionaire" with question that pertained to us. (not sure how it was done but was a lot of fun)

everyone gets a present- we divide the kids up and everyone gets a present worth abt $20. Depends on the year how we do it- last year we had a system where we had to label the presents and we had a balloon dance.

thanks for the info im looking for something without presents, and if possible without to much preperation
thanks again to those that answered

sunshine!

Post Thu, Nov 22 2012, 9:46 pm
This year I plan to organize an "In Order" game with my extended family. basically everyone gets divided into teams and the announcer calls out a characteristic-birth order, wedding year, height order, etc and the teams have to work together in order to line up "in order". The first team in order yells in order and earns a point. The team with the most points wins.

If anyone has anything to add to the "in order" list that can make it fun and exciting, please add.

chocolate chips

Post Thu, Nov 22 2012, 10:23 pm
Last year my mil played this game which was so cute.
Each person got a pen and paper and she asked about 7 questions which we like:
write down a name, a number between 1-20, your favorite place etc.

Then at the end she asked another set of questions and everyone read their answers in order. So she asked like who is your best friend in the world? how many kids do you want to have? where are you going on your next vacation? And everyone read their answers, it got pretty funny ... If you want I can find the sheet of qs and as for you.

mfb

Post Thu, Nov 22 2012, 10:29 pm
chocolate chips wrote:

Then at the end she asked another set of questions and everyone read their answers in order. So she asked like who is your best friend in the world? how many kids do you want to have? where are you going on your next vacation? And everyone read their answers, it got pretty funny ... If you want I can find the sheet of qs and as for you.

this game sounds great I would love if you can find the questions

Sherri

Post Thu, Nov 22 2012, 10:46 pm
sunshine! wrote:
This year I plan to organize an "In Order" game with my extended family. basically everyone gets divided into teams and the announcer calls out a characteristic-birth order, wedding year, height order, etc and the teams have to work together in order to line up "in order". The first team in order yells in order and earns a point. The team with the most points wins.

If anyone has anything to add to the "in order" list that can make it fun and exciting, please add.
This is simple and fun.

momsprince

Post Fri, Nov 23 2012, 1:40 am
mommyfrombrooklyn wrote:
chocolate chips wrote:

this game sounds great I would love if you can find the questions
I wouldn't mind having the questions either. It seems like a game my family would enjoy.

NaNachChick

Post Fri, Nov 23 2012, 11:37 am
Apples to Apples! or scatagories

MrsDuby

Post Fri, Nov 23 2012, 11:58 am
last year we did the Sisters / Newlyweds game. Theres a few married couples - and the teen siblings paired up and the little kids paired up... it was a lot of fun !!!! I dont mind sharing the file (I collected them / made them up - so they're all kosher and appropriate)

For this year, im thinking Charades and the headband game ... its easy and not so hard to prepare. Something like that.

I'll also be watching this thread ! looking forward to hearing other people's ideas !

Shmaichel

Post Fri, Nov 23 2012, 2:31 pm
We once did the 'headband' game. I prepared papers with different people on them and everyone got one and had to guess who it was by asking yes and no questions. (Although we did put thought into who would get which person.) We used all different types of people to make it harder to guess. For example, a famous singer someone enjoys, an old Shabbos guest, our childhood family doctor, someone's spouse (in the room too!), a grandparent... etc. It was so much fun answering yes and no all together and then reminiscing about the person who was on the headband afterwards... (you can also do objects if you'd like a variation- such as the iphone for someone who's crazy over theirs, or someone's favorite food etc.)

mfb

Post Sun, Nov 25 2012, 11:08 am
bump
anyone else with something good?

Flower Girl

Post Sun, Nov 25 2012, 5:18 pm
One year I took pictures of different things around my parents house ex: piece of light fixture, knob from vanity,

Cont. below didnt realize I hit submit mid sentence

Last edited by Flower Girl on Sun, Nov 25 2012, 5:48 pm; edited 1 time in total

Flower Girl

Post Sun, Nov 25 2012, 5:43 pm
One year I took pictures of different things around my parents house ex: piece of light fixture, knob from vanity, Old frog soap dish ect...I hung the picture on a large cardboard for all to see. Everyone numbered thier papers and I put a timer on for everyone to guess all pics. It was a blast as it brought back good ol memories. The downside is that it wasnt so much fun for bil/sil as they didnt recongnize most pics but they enjoyed seeing thier spouses doubled over In laughter. The older grandkids also had fun guessing and were flying around the house to verify existence. (my parents hosted the party)

MrsDuby

Post Sun, Nov 25 2012, 7:39 pm
after talking to my brother in law about ideas - we decided to do a "Chanukah Family Trivia" type game. One idea is to do jeopardy ... or another kind.

Its a lot of fun - because its personalized questions... for example:
- how many years did mommy /tatty live in this house
- What is bubby's maiden name
- Who was born in this city

sadly, im an in law -- and I cant make up the questions myself but its always fun to do a more personal kind of game.

I'm also going to do the headband game ..we'll see if we have time for it.

Freilichin Chanukah !

mfb

Post Sun, Nov 25 2012, 7:40 pm
we actually did something similar
someone collected pictures of everyone who would be at the party, zoomed in to one part ex: nose, finger printed that and we passed it around to see who could figure out the most
all pictures were numbered in the back and we wrote down the answers. it was really cute cuz a lot of pple didn't even recognize themselves
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics