Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children
"How did you get a baby in your tummy?"
1  2  Next

MimiMommy

Post Thu, Nov 29 2012, 5:15 pm
What's your answer?

amother

Post Thu, Nov 29 2012, 5:20 pm
depends on the age.

hashem put it there... for the little ones

hashem makes a nes with sperm and egg (explanations included) for tween+

MimiMommy

Post Thu, Nov 29 2012, 5:23 pm
Yeah in talking about little ones. But kids can be persistent...even explaining about sperm and egg: "how does the sperm get to the egg?"

amother

Post Thu, Nov 29 2012, 5:25 pm
well I plan on telling my tween agers (when they become tweenagers) abt it anyways... (said explanation is included.)

younger then that its from hashem.

imasinger

Post Thu, Nov 29 2012, 5:27 pm
Depends on when you want your kids to know the facts of life. For those who like to teach as soon as they are interested enough to ask, you could get a book that explains it, and discuss the details together.

For those who want to put it off till the kids are older, maybe the old fashioned way of "That's something that I'll explain to you more when you are older. But let me tell you something about the birds and the bees."

greenfire

Post Thu, Nov 29 2012, 5:39 pm
I must have told them something special ... too bad they've made me so senile I cannot recall

manhattanmom

Post Thu, Nov 29 2012, 6:28 pm
At a young age (like under age 8) I've found that they don't need that many descriptions--from my own experiences, just explaining that the baby starts to grow there (and it doesn't get put inside.)

marina

Post Thu, Nov 29 2012, 6:58 pm
Generally, kids don't ask in detail unless they suspect something is interesting about the answer.

Just like they don't ask about the chemistry of rainbows or the biology of exactly how tadpoles turn into frogs.

Anyway, I would check what your child already thinks and correct that if needed

3mitzvos

Post Thu, Nov 29 2012, 8:09 pm
I told my 4 yo dd that when a man and a woman get married, Hashem decides to give them a baby and that baby grows inside the mommy's belly until it's ready to come out. This also explains why some people have a lot of kids, a few kids, or no kids -- it all depends on when Hashem thinks the mommy and tatty should have a baby. When waiting to get pregnant with dc #2, dd would tell us that she wanted a sister/brother. So, I told her that she should daven to Hashem give mommy a baby. It was so cute -- she would yell "Hashem, give mommy a baby please!"

shnitzel

Post Thu, Nov 29 2012, 8:48 pm
marina wrote:
Generally, kids don't ask in detail unless they suspect something is interesting about the answer.

Just like they don't ask about the chemistry of rainbows or the biology of exactly how tadpoles turn into frogs.

Anyway, I would check what your child already thinks and correct that if needed

Someone needs to send my 3 year old this memo.

I told her that mommy's have a seed in their tummies from which the baby grows.

Last edited by shnitzel on Thu, Nov 29 2012, 8:52 pm; edited 1 time in total

b from nj

Post Thu, Nov 29 2012, 8:49 pm
why, the STORK of course Very Happy !!

amother

Post Thu, Nov 29 2012, 9:20 pm
my niece asked my brother how yeshivish people have more kids than other people. He said "They daven better"!!!!!!

MaBelleVie

Post Thu, Nov 29 2012, 9:23 pm
amother wrote:
my niece asked my brother how yeshivish people have more kids than other people. He said "They daven better"!!!!!!

Ugh. Sorry, I'm sure this was meant to be funny, but it is not. It's nauseating.

mummiedearest

Post Thu, Nov 29 2012, 9:28 pm
I'm pretty sure my kids thought I swallowed a baby. they also thought that my tummy was going to explode to let the baby out Smile . I did try explaining that that wasn't going to happen, but they were so excited by the idea that they kept repeating it anyway. kids are such fun.

MimiMommy

Post Thu, Nov 29 2012, 9:34 pm
Now DD wants to know where the baby comes out of!! My response of "Hashem puts a special place in women's bodies that we cover for tznius reasons where the baby comes out of" didn't satisfy her! "But where, mommy? Where is there a hole?"

MaBelleVie

Post Thu, Nov 29 2012, 9:36 pm
MimiMommy wrote:
Now DD wants to know where the baby comes out of!! My response of "Hashem puts a special place in women's bodies that we cover for tznius reasons where the baby comes out of" didn't satisfy her! "But where, mommy? Where is there a hole?"

Under my belly. I can't show you because its a private place.

b from nj

Post Thu, Nov 29 2012, 10:23 pm
Actually, I lied, it wasn't really the stork. HASHEM put the baby in my belly!!!!!!

mummiedearest

Post Thu, Nov 29 2012, 10:25 pm
MimiMommy wrote:

I told my kids that it's near the parts that you use to go to the bathroom.

black sheep

Post Thu, Nov 29 2012, 11:26 pm
"Hashem gives a lady a baby in her belly, and when it is ready to come out, Hashem makes a really big nes and the baby comes out." (when my daughter is a bit older, I'll explain that the big nes is called an epidural.)

Sherri

Post Thu, Nov 29 2012, 11:30 pm
black sheep wrote:
(when my daughter is a bit older, I'll explain that the big nes is called an epidural.)
LOL
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics