Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children
Please share your experiences

amother

Post Tue, Dec 04 2012, 12:19 pm
My DH doesn't have a ton of experience with infants, our older son woke up several times a night but went to sleep around 11 and only I woke up from him crying at night. He didn't start sleeping through the night until 6-8 months old and I was going nuts as I was working full-time. Our 2nd baby is now 4.5 months old, and has basically been sleeping through the night more nights than not, but he often doesnt go to sleep until 11:30-1am. Or has a fussy spell at night so DH can't turn in early--even though I'm usually the one up with him until he's down for the night--and it's been hard to find "together" time. My DH isn't happy about his "only" getting 6 hours of sleep or less and often says "why can't you be a 'normal' baby?" and I'm thinking B"H this baby lets ME get 6 uninterrupted hours of sleep. What also makes it frustrating is that our older son wakes up at night on occasion. DH wants a large family, but so far isn't handling getting no sleep very well, and I don't think it gets better as the family gets bigger. Please share your experiences and how you cope with not getting sleep?

manyhats

Post Tue, Dec 04 2012, 12:29 pm
Have a very frank discussion with him. Repeat what you said here. Explain that every baby's nature is different. That it is NOT abnormal for baby's to do XYZ. This is part and parcel of babyhood. Furthermore, how can you plan on having MORE willy nilly. When it is obvious that the 2 children, bH, that you have now , cause him so much discomfort. And this goes on while YOU are doing all the work. Allowing Him to sleep.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics