Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
You're Making Your Son Look Gay
  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next

Merrymom

Post Thu, Dec 13 2012, 10:13 pm
I don't know who decided that skinny pants look cute on men or even on tiny little three year olds, but they don't! They're unmanly and make me want to ___! So please can we put an end to this horrible horrible fashion trend?
Thanks, now I feel better.

Barbara

Post Thu, Dec 13 2012, 10:32 pm
Merrymom wrote:
I don't know who decided that skinny pants look cute on men or even on tiny little three year olds, but they don't! They're unmanly and make me want to ___! So please can we put an end to this horrible horrible fashion trend?

What does a "gay" man look like?

I guess I don't know what "gay" looks like.

I'm also not sure why it would be an insult, or why anyone wouldn't want to look gay.

Oh well.

DrMom

Post Thu, Dec 13 2012, 10:58 pm
If only it took a pair of pants to turn a man into someone as handsome as Rock Hudson, Rupert Everett, or Anderson Cooper.

DrMom

Post Thu, Dec 13 2012, 10:58 pm
Oh, and OP: You're making yourself look ridiculous.

bamamama

Post Thu, Dec 13 2012, 11:52 pm
OP, drop the 'gay' part and I'm with you. Skinny jeans look ridiculous on any child - male or female. My MIL bought my dd white skinny jeans when she was a crawling baby. I didn't know whether to Rolling Laughter or Banging head We took them back.

fiddle

Post Fri, Dec 14 2012, 12:21 am
think about it in a different way. my son who is a VERY TINY 4 year old looks hysterical in "fat pants" as I call them. when he wears them, his legs look like they are balloons protruding from his tiny body. with skinny jeans, he actually looks a lot more put together. im not talking about legging tight, im talking about fitted.
and anyways, all gay guys look great, groomed, and put together, so heck - yes, I am ok with my son looking "gay" in your books Smile oh and my husband too. oh wait - my daughter as well, while you can put your sons on baggy suit pants that look horrendous in my book and your daughters can wear their baggy tights, I dont judge. dont judge me.

Last edited by fiddle on Fri, Dec 14 2012, 12:22 am; edited 1 time in total

DrMom

Post Fri, Dec 14 2012, 12:21 am
They look uncomfortable.

shabbatiscoming

Post Fri, Dec 14 2012, 12:27 am
Merrymom wrote:
Tightish pants are very in in a certain frum crowd in israel. And you can tell which crowd/community they are from BECAUSE they are wearing those sort of tight pants.

I dont think they look gay. I do agree that it looks silly, but why gay?????

FranticFrummie

Post Fri, Dec 14 2012, 12:39 am
I can spot a gay man a mile away. He's the one who looks like he actually matched his clothes, combed his hair, and made sure that there were no cholent stains on the front of his shirt. He's the one who treats women like ladies, speaks politely, and doesn't try to hog the whole conversation.

IMHO, we could use a few more "metrosexuals" around here! Wink

chani8

Post Fri, Dec 14 2012, 2:43 am
To say a gay man has a sense of fashion is just as much a gross generalization as is saying that gay men wear tight pants.

I don't like tight pants on my DH or sons, either, but there are a men who can pull it off and look great, and manly.

Putting a 3 yo boy in skinny pants? I don't know what you mean here. Like putting them in stretchies? I've never seen this.

smilingmom

Post Fri, Dec 14 2012, 3:38 am
Don't you think long hair until age three causes more gender identity confusion than any pants style?
What about the long term confusion of having males with two long banana curls framing their face for life?

BTW! we don't keep either of the above customs, but I would love my child just as much, if he was gay.

justforfun87

Post Fri, Dec 14 2012, 5:09 am
I am jumping on this thread and saying...dude, tone it down. I thought by the title that somebody said that to you and you were offended. I am not some liberal but saying you look gay is just a nasty thing to say. "Looking gay" should not be viewed as negative. Skinny jeans maybe are feminine looking, but gay men are not a disease!

PinkFridge

Post Fri, Dec 14 2012, 5:23 am
Can you imagine how this thread would have turned out had it been titled something like, "Mommas, don't let your boys grow up to wear those Heaven only knows why they're trendy skinny pants"?*

Merrymom, you're welcome to rename this thread. I'll delete this post if you use my suggestion.
If you really want to pursue the gay angle, please, go ahead and this thread can develop even more delightfully.

*Actually, I need to tweak this. By the time the boys grow up who knows, bell bottoms might be in.

vintagebknyc

Post Fri, Dec 14 2012, 5:24 am
FranticFrummie wrote:
I can spot a gay man a mile away. He's the one who looks like he actually matched his clothes, combed his hair, and made sure that there were no cholent stains on the front of his shirt. He's the one who treats women like ladies, speaks politely, and doesn't try to hog the whole conversation.

IMHO, we could use a few more "metrosexuals" around here! Wink

The only realm I can spot a gay man from this far away is because it's likely he's the only one in the crowd who I think is attractive. I thought DH had to be gay when I met him, because I was attracted to him.

PinkFridge

Post Fri, Dec 14 2012, 5:40 am
Merrymom, I felt compelled to come up with an answer for you. I really have to start today's Shabbos prep (I did some last night and earlier in the week for any parsers Wink ) so I'll leave you with this: I googled skinny pants for men and came up with catalogues, etc. Then I added a "why", I.e. "skinny pants for men why" and came up with an interesting essay "Why do guys wear skinny jeans?" on sassybella.com . Have fun!

moonstone

Post Fri, Dec 14 2012, 5:46 am
"Look Gay??? Is this 1980 and you're in the 4th grade? For crying out loud, what a stupid thing to say. I'll assume that you've never actually MET a gay person, so let me tell you that there are plenty of gay men who don't fit the stereotype at all and are very "straight-looking", just as there are plenty of straight men who are more in touch with their feminine side.

But all that is beside the point. Your post makes you look stupid.

Simple1

Post Fri, Dec 14 2012, 5:50 am
OK maybe the title is a little blunt, but what if she wrote "you're making your son look like a girl" There's nothing wrong at all with girls, but most people don't want their boys to look like one.

I don't really have an opinion on the trend, because I don't have boys in that age range where I need to dress them in pants. But my teen girls think it's really cool.

MaBelleVie

Post Fri, Dec 14 2012, 5:51 am
And I think your husband and kids look like garbage bags in their baggy clothing.

Al taam vareiach. No need to insult people.

zaq

Post Fri, Dec 14 2012, 5:51 am
smilingmom wrote:
Don't you think long hair until age three causes more gender identity confusion than any pants style?

Hear, hear!
Although, really not for the child. Only for people who see him. As recently as the 1920s, little boys wore dresses to facilitate diaper changes, and switched to pants only after they were potty trained.

StrawberrySmoothie

Post Fri, Dec 14 2012, 6:14 am
My kid only wears skinny jeans. It looks much neater and put together than baggy clothes. One of my closest friends is gay and if my son ends up the mentch he is- I'll be thrilled!

This post is ridiculous. Who cares what other people's kids wear? Your that bored?
Page 1 of 8   1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next Recent Topics