Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Chit Chat
I hope this site is not bringing down good frum women!
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next

freidasima

Post Wed, Dec 19 2012, 3:01 pm
Gee...ladies THIS IS THE INTERNET
Stop taking it so seriously.
Take it all with a grain of salt
there are interesting things out there and there are boring things out there
There are normal people out there and there are not so normal people out there
People tell stories, people give advice

Learn to pick and choose what works for you.
Someone once said "One doesn't pasken from the internet". They were right.

Take it all not so seriously and chill.

thatgirl

Post Wed, Dec 19 2012, 3:03 pm
I think about this also. I feel like some women are getting ideas on here.. either to do with marriage or just about anything that they wouldn't have had before.

yksraya

Post Wed, Dec 19 2012, 3:03 pm
Clarissa wrote:
Hi, my name is Clarissa and I'm here to bring down good frum women. I'll leave the bad ones alone. They're already bad.

clarissa I'm letting myself get brought down by you! unless OP considers me a BAD frum lady!

lets all hold hands and jump into the pit. deep deep down!

myself

Post Wed, Dec 19 2012, 3:07 pm
If you don't know how to pick and choose then you shouldn't be on here.

As an aside, when OP mentioned 'modern' I don't think she necessarily meant MO. Modern is very relative and I'm sure there are MO women who don't actually consider themselves modern.

shabbatiscoming

Post Wed, Dec 19 2012, 3:08 pm
thatgirl wrote:
I think about this also. I feel like some women are getting ideas on here.. either to do with marriage or just about anything that they wouldn't have had before.
then they shouldnt be here, easy as that.

Fox

Post Wed, Dec 19 2012, 3:11 pm
freidasima wrote:
Someone once said "One doesn't pasken from the internet". They were right.

Take it all not so seriously and chill.

Thumbs Up

Thank you, Freidasima!

Imamother is the local well, the shuk, the town square. Remember, people didn't necessarily get great advice hanging out at the well, taking time to chat while they drew water. Nor do we hold many halachas or hashkafas that point to the considered opinions of the fishmonger or the baker. Oh, and I'm old enough to remember the last vestiges of "town squares" in the U.S., and they were no hotbeds of emes, either.

I would like to know more about all those "bad frum women," though! That sounds kind of exciting! LOL

Isramom8

Post Wed, Dec 19 2012, 3:18 pm
I think of Imamother as the virtual neighborhood park where women come to sit and chat, and chat, and chat. The discussion isn't going your way? Chime in with your opinion. You need to think about the discussion? Take a break and push your kids on the swings. The discussion put you into a crabby mood? Go home, come back another sunny day.

Your rav isn't going to be hanging out in the park. But anyone can be there. You may be used to your chevra being there, but it's a public park.

Last edited by Isramom8 on Wed, Dec 19 2012, 3:20 pm; edited 1 time in total

squirrel

Post Wed, Dec 19 2012, 3:19 pm
After reading my post again, I fail to see why so many seem offended by my post. Is it because I said im afraid to raise children in this crazy world? Well yes, things have never been so crazy before, young children sleeping around, so so many married women cheating on their spouses ect.
The definition for the word modern means pertaining to the present time and yes things have changed drastically and women are much more relaxed in areas of tznius and halacha ect.
Regardless of who you are, if you are all doing what is right then why should you be offended?

imamiri

Post Wed, Dec 19 2012, 3:21 pm
costanza wrote:
The OP didn't write anything offensive in her post - including the title. She had some thoughts and put them out there.
Just the way everyone is pouncing on her and giving her lessons on how not to offend, they should try to relax. Actually I don't believe anyone is offended. It's just that getting riled up and waiting for responses to sensational posts is a lot more fun than participating in a boring, civil conversation.

Oh you speak for everyone?

I find it quite telling how the OP chose to word her post and what she left out, as pointed to by Zaq.

grin

Post Wed, Dec 19 2012, 3:23 pm
thatgirl wrote:
I feel that way too - some women are getting good ideas about things they may not have otherwise.

I feel like I'm hanging out in the playground with the kids in the background - with the added benefit of anonymity so you can dare say things you may not irl - and learn all sorts of interesting things and meet all sorts of people along the way.

imamiri

Post Wed, Dec 19 2012, 3:24 pm
Clarissa wrote:
Hi, my name is Clarissa and I'm here to bring down good frum women. I'll leave the bad ones alone. They're already bad.

If I weren't afraid that Marina would come beat me up I'd tell you I love you more often, Clarissa. Hug

ally

Post Wed, Dec 19 2012, 3:27 pm
grin wrote:
thatgirl wrote:
I feel that way too - some women are getting good ideas about things they may not have otherwise.

I feel like I'm hanging out in the playground with the kids in the background - with the added benefit of anonymity so you can dare say things you may not irl - and learn all sorts of interesting things and meet all sorts of people along the way.

Why are people so afraid of education and the power to choose?

vintagebknyc

Post Wed, Dec 19 2012, 3:32 pm
ally wrote:
grin wrote:
thatgirl wrote:

for the same reason they're afraid of secular media, etc. they might start to find out things about what's going on a mere few blocks away and be tempted away from being frum. better to stay uneducated, better to sit on the back of the bus

CatLady

Post Wed, Dec 19 2012, 3:59 pm
Quote:

Because all in all it's just another brick in the wall? And while we're name-checking concept albums and rock operas, I am sometimes reminded of Tommy's Holiday Camp, where in order to be a follower, one had to basically become deaf, dumb and blind. If you recall, the followers rebelled, in a song entitled "We're Not Gonna Take It", which is not to be confused with the Twisted Sister track.

On the plus side and peripherally related to forming a twisted sisterhood, I am reading posts from people who I'd not had a chance to hang out with, and finding new kindred spirits. *high-fives all around*

greenfire

Post Wed, Dec 19 2012, 4:09 pm
CatLady wrote:

Because all in all it's just another brick in the wall? And while we're name-checking concept albums and rock operas, I am sometimes reminded of Tommy's Holiday Camp, where in order to be a follower, one had to basically become deaf, dumb and blind. If you recall, the followers rebelled, in a song entitled "We're Not Gonna Take It", which is not to be confused with the Twisted Sister track.

don't forget tommy & the who also sang about his evil uncle ernie in 'fiddle about'

while being a very catchy tune ... and years of growing up and finally listening to the words it's quite shocking to realize he's referring to being molested by his uncle

black sheep

Post Wed, Dec 19 2012, 4:15 pm
CatLady wrote:
Quote:

On the plus side and peripherally related to forming a twisted sisterhood, I am reading posts from people who I'd not had a chance to hang out with, and finding new kindred spirits. *high-fives all around*

best post ever!

CatLady

Post Wed, Dec 19 2012, 4:15 pm
Good catch, greenfire!

greenfire

Post Wed, Dec 19 2012, 4:16 pm
CatLady wrote:

not sure whom you are including ... but high-fives are always FUN Hooray Talk to the hand Wave

EmesOrNT

Post Wed, Dec 19 2012, 5:04 pm
imamiri wrote:
Clarissa wrote:

If I weren't afraid that Marina would come beat me up I'd tell you I love you more often, Clarissa. Hug

Threesome?

zaq

Post Wed, Dec 19 2012, 5:29 pm
EmesOrNT wrote:
imamiri wrote:
Clarissa wrote:

Threesome?

Awesome!
Page 4 of 8   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next Recent Topics