Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen
3 points

greenfire

Post Thu, Dec 20 2012, 11:40 pm
when I bake/cook I haven't the time to go back & forth to the garbage can ... besides I find it FUN to aim & throw ... most of the time I get a 3 pointer Hooray

sometimes it falls into the corner behind .& the kitties run amok Bounce

ROTA

Post Thu, Dec 20 2012, 11:46 pm
Yay! I have fun with that too. Just wen I miss its the dogs!

MaBelleVie

Post Thu, Dec 20 2012, 11:51 pm
And when I miss, it's my dd Smile

bamamama

Post Thu, Dec 20 2012, 11:55 pm
I miss our dog Sad She cleaned up all my cooking messes.

imamiri

Post Fri, Dec 21 2012, 12:37 am
My dog is so old and she is blind so DD with sort of nudge her in the direction of whatever spilled/dropped that needs cleaning up. LOL

Eemaof3

Post Fri, Dec 21 2012, 1:11 am
She shoots ... She scores!!!!
My kids still talk about cleaning up the potato and apple peelings from Pesach since they were all over!

zaq

Post Fri, Dec 21 2012, 8:12 am
Work smarter, not harder: pull the trash can over to the work surface. peel your veggies right over the open bin and drop those eggshells right in soon as the egg slides into the bowl. Another argument for one-handed egg-cracking btw: crack, release contents, drop shells into trash as you lift the egg bowl with your other hand to check for blood. Crack, release, lift-and-dump; crack, release, lift-and-dump. A symphony of efficiency, almost balletic in its grace.

JoyInTheMorning

Post Fri, Dec 21 2012, 8:59 am
I thought for sure this thread would be about Weight Watchers!

greenfire

Post Fri, Dec 21 2012, 11:34 am
zaq wrote:
Work smarter, not harder: pull the trash can over to the work surface. peel your veggies right over the open bin and drop those eggshells right in soon as the egg slides into the bowl. Another argument for one-handed egg-cracking btw: crack, release contents, drop shells into trash as you lift the egg bowl with your other hand to check for blood. Crack, release, lift-and-dump; crack, release, lift-and-dump. A symphony of efficiency, almost balletic in its grace.

OMG you're sucking the FUN out ... Pale Angry

crl

Post Fri, Dec 21 2012, 11:46 am
I do this all the time! The problem is, I insisted we get a covered garbage can because we once had an extremely unfortunate incident with bugs in an open one (ugh, now I'm itchy thinking about it), so unless I remember to keep it open, I have to make the walk. Sad There have been times when I wasn't thinking and I either dumped something into the can without checking there was a bag in it first or even worse...on top of the closed can...

But I always throw tissues from my bed into the garbage instead of getting up. I'm so lazy, haha.

CatLady

Post Fri, Dec 21 2012, 11:54 am
Quote:
She shoots ... She scores!!!!
My kids still talk about cleaning up the potato and apple peelings from Pesach since they were all over!

And my brother and I, both in our 50s, still reminisce about the time one of us (not mentioning who!) took the lid off the pot when my mom was making popcorn! I like to use a garbage bowl, although it'll be a frosty Friday before I spend $20.00 on the Rachael Ray model when Dollarama has perfectly serviceable large bowls.

BTW, the first line in the quoted post is possibly the closest we'll get to hockey this season. Enjoy, hockey fans!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen