Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Giving Gifts
Cheap baby gift ideas?
1  2  Next

MimiMommy

Post Wed, Dec 26 2012, 9:56 am
I'm looking for baby gift ideas that won't get thrown out and don't cost more than $20ish. I've been giving gift certificates but I think maybe giving an actual gift is more personal and they don't have to shlep to the store. Which would you prefer? Any ideas? A friend just had twin girls too - twin gift ideas would be appreciated as well.

acemom

Post Wed, Dec 26 2012, 10:16 am
You can look into these adorable pacifier clips. I don't think they cost more than $20. I myself never considered buying them (maybe because I am a little stingy embarrassed ) but I would have wished someone would think of getting it for me as a gift.

MimiMommy

Post Wed, Dec 26 2012, 10:18 am
Thanks. Is this a gift most people would use? I guess I could include a gift receipt...

bananasplit

Post Wed, Dec 26 2012, 10:33 am
The stroller arch cost about 20$. I dont know if you would buy 2 for twin girls though.

flowerpower

Post Wed, Dec 26 2012, 10:35 am
There are carriage toys and other cute toys for about 20 bucks or so... Cute stretchies or outfits on sale isn't a bad idea either.

Simple1

Post Wed, Dec 26 2012, 10:45 am
I know this sounds so basic, but people appreciated when I gave onesies. Even if they have from previous babies, it's always nice to have fresh ones. You can get them in cute designs. I usually go to Marshalls or TJMax and see if there's anything good there - I don't know what stores you have near you. Recently I found an infant bath robe for only $8 - it was just right for someone I didn't feel it necessary or appropriate to spend a lot of money on.

What about a "sleep sac" - you can search online to see what's there.

Last edited by Simple1 on Wed, Dec 26 2012, 10:50 am; edited 1 time in total

Hashemlovesme

Post Wed, Dec 26 2012, 10:47 am
baby clothes on sale can be really inexpensive. You can get them some matching clothes or 2 baby blankets.....

lovely1

Post Wed, Dec 26 2012, 10:55 am
acemom wrote:
You can look into these adorable pacifier clips. I don't think they cost more than $20. I myself never considered buying them (maybe because I am a little stingy embarrassed ) but I would have wished someone would think of getting it for me as a gift.
I second this one. I like to receive a gift that I would not spend the money on it myself.

ez-pass

Post Wed, Dec 26 2012, 11:37 am
I dont know how much they cost but you can get adorable pacifiers with the baby's name on them with a pretty pacifier clip.

busydev

Post Wed, Dec 26 2012, 12:25 pm
a friend got me a first year calendar with stickers to put in all baby's firsts. I liked it so much I got one for my SIL. cost about $15 on amazon.

you can find cute clothes, pjs, onsies, etc for cheap. (kohls, marshalls, burlington, target sometimes)

blankets are so-so. I got about 6 blankets for my baby from personalized to cutesy and only use 2 most of the time. Im"h by other kids I will use them I suppose.

Toys are def good. you can for sure find some for under $20. I would suggest getting 2 of the same if recommended for 9+ months. Very Happy

ewa-jo

Post Wed, Dec 26 2012, 12:33 pm
For friends who already have kids (especially if the new baby is the same gender as a child they have) I make a bath gift bag. When they have a good sale at the drugstore, I stock up and buy a bottle of shampoo with a pump and a bar of soap and a tube of tushy cream (from the same company, same fragrance, so it looks like a set) and a cutesy bath sponge.

I think it's a nice useful gift and not expensive... all babies need baths!!!

seeker

Post Wed, Dec 26 2012, 12:49 pm
I was just really appreciating my kiddopatamus swaddle-me blanket last night and thinking I will get one the next time I need to buy a baby gift.

Fox

Post Wed, Dec 26 2012, 12:50 pm
My twin girls are 17 now, so in retrospect, what I really needed was a savings bond.

Seriously, if they're identical twins, I'd love something like this:

Copy & Paste Onesies

If they're identical and the parents are somewhat tech-savvy, I'd go with this:

Ctrl-C & Ctrl-V Onesies

Otherwise, I agree with Simple1's idea: coordinating stretchies (or whatever they call them now) are always welcome. There are tons of times when you need your twins to look presentable and coordinated (if not matched) but don't require you to bring out the heavy arsenal of all the frou-frou matching outfits that Bubbe sent.

ewa-jo

Post Wed, Dec 26 2012, 1:21 pm
Fox wrote:
My twin girls are 17 now, so in retrospect, what I really needed was a savings bond.

Seriously, if they're identical twins, I'd love something like this:

Copy & Paste Onesies

If they're identical and the parents are somewhat tech-savvy, I'd go with this:

Ctrl-C & Ctrl-V Onesies

Otherwise, I agree with Simple1's idea: coordinating stretchies (or whatever they call them now) are always welcome. There are tons of times when you need your twins to look presentable and coordinated (if not matched) but don't require you to bring out the heavy arsenal of all the frou-frou matching outfits that Bubbe sent.

Hi Fox

I would love identical twins... but even more cool than that would be triplets. Then someone can buy me these onesies..

http://cheezburger.com/6875217152

Last edited by ewa-jo on Wed, Dec 26 2012, 1:25 pm; edited 1 time in total

MaBelleVie

Post Wed, Dec 26 2012, 1:25 pm
Target has adorable little dresses for baby girls that are $7 each, regular price. You can buy one for each plus a cute pack of socks or headbands and still come out under $20 Smile

Fox

Post Wed, Dec 26 2012, 2:31 pm
ewa-jo wrote:
I would love identical twins... but even more cool than that would be triplets. Then someone can buy me these onesies..

http://cheezburger.com/6875217152

OMG! Those are adorable!

I'm still thinking of making my teenagers wear Ctrl+C / Ctrl+V sweatshirts, maybe for Purim. They foolishly started dressing in coordinating costumes in 9th grade, and now everyone expects something funny or at least thematic.

One year they bought masks and scrounged up appropriate clothes to go as President and Mrs. Obama, which was very funny and cute. Last year they went as Red Riding Hood and the Big Bad Wolf. And guess who was still at the sewing machine as the family left for Megillah, frantically trying to finish the aforementioned red riding hood along with faux fur paws, leggings, and neck coverage for the Big Bad Wolf . . . ?

chocolate moose

Post Wed, Dec 26 2012, 3:55 pm
Some of my friends register which is very helpful. Check Amazon before you buy anything.

Lani22

Post Wed, Dec 26 2012, 4:03 pm
ewa-jo wrote:
For friends who already have kids (especially if the new baby is the same gender as a child they have) I make a bath gift bag. When they have a good sale at the drugstore, I stock up and buy a bottle of shampoo with a pump and a bar of soap and a tube of tushy cream (from the same company, same fragrance, so it looks like a set) and a cutesy bath sponge.

I think it's a nice useful gift and not expensive... all babies need baths!!!

I got this as a gift once and it was the most usefull gift I received and very cute.

nyer1

Post Wed, Dec 26 2012, 4:25 pm
If u get onesies get larger than 3 months... So many people got our baby 3 month outfits when he was born and he was born 8 lbs so he grew out of 3 month clothes soooo quickly ... 6 month outfits r way more useful

shirtsandskirts

Post Wed, Dec 26 2012, 4:40 pm
I just bought these shoes for a friend who had a baby they are cute and potentially useful depending on the size:

http://www.kohls.com/product/p.....y.jsp
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics