Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Giving Gifts
Cheap baby gift ideas?
Previous  1  2

oatmealcookies

Post Wed, Dec 26 2012, 3:14 pm
I bought my boss a nice blanket and some baby socks, and then wrapped it really nicely.

Grandmama

Post Wed, Dec 26 2012, 3:22 pm
Kohls has baby toys and gifts sometimes at less than half price.
I have bought items there with coupons and cash back saving an average total of up to 80%.
Of course that means that I buy in advance, and always have a few baby gifts handy.

chocolate moose

Post Wed, Dec 26 2012, 3:27 pm
I worked with someone who had a large family and when they had a baby, I also thought she'd want something new.

Turns out she didn't and she gave me the gift back, several months later. I was not too pleased .....

lamplighter

Post Wed, Dec 26 2012, 3:31 pm
chocolate moose wrote:
I worked with someone who had a large family and when they had a baby, I also thought she'd want something new.

Turns out she didn't and she gave me the gift back, several months later. I was not too pleased .....

That is just plain old rude, forget about unappreciative.

Grandmama

Post Wed, Dec 26 2012, 3:33 pm
chocolate moose wrote:

Isn't that a bit rude? I had someone ask me once where the item could be exchanged, and of course there was no gift receipt, and she was a new mother, and I gently explained to her that whatever she did not like she could either regift to another new mother, or donate it to a gmach or organization. If something was returnable, it would come with a gift receipt. She didn't understand that some of us buy gifts a long while in advance and on sale, so they were not exchangeable or returnable.

eschaya

Post Wed, Dec 26 2012, 10:12 pm
Cute sets of socks. (like the shoe-looking ones) Babies always need more socks and they are always getting lost.
Also, I've always found that it's really appreciated if you get something they will need later. We found these adorable "ducky baths" (a blow-up, duck-shaped bath that you put in your bath; it's for when baby is 6+ months old; the beak quacks and all babies and their mothers love it and it makes bathtub so much fun) that are probably around $20. Or get a funky pair of baby jeans in 12 mo. size etc. Everyone buys stuff for the first 3 months and then the new parents are usually on empty by the time the kid is older... it will really be appreciated.

Marz613

Post Thu, Nov 14 2013, 11:33 am
a blanket or a hooded towel. carters is relatively cheap.

SJcookie

Post Thu, Nov 14 2013, 12:44 pm
You can arrange a cute little basket or nice bag with a onesie, burping cloths or a bib, a few pairs of socks, a little toy/rattle, and a teething ring. If you go to marshalls, target/walmart, or amazing savings, you can find those things for under $20, and I'm sure most moms would appreciate it.

ETA: I just realized this is an old thread that was bumped. Hope someone will find this suggestion useful, anyway Tongue Out
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics