Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Chit Chat
What can I see in YOUR town
Previous  1  2  3  4  Next

shayna82

Post Fri, Jan 26 2007, 1:00 pm
yeah some nice vanilla ice cream either in a cone or a cup, dosnt matter, although I would perfer a cone, one of those cones with sprinkles on them. you dotn understand, growing up there were always candy stores around with ice cream. I never had a lacking of any kind o f takeout, anything I wanted was there. now I feel deprived Sad and its always the hardest when im pregnant. these thoughts dont come as much other times.

lotte

Post Fri, Jan 26 2007, 1:33 pm
greenfire,the BEST pickles in NY are at the lower east side.
They are real heaven!

shayna82

Post Fri, Jan 26 2007, 1:35 pm
whats so great about them Puke

shanie5

Post Fri, Jan 26 2007, 1:39 pm
gus' pickles are the best ever!!! lower east side, straight out of the barrel........yup, they are the best 1011.

shayna82

Post Fri, Jan 26 2007, 1:41 pm
but what is sooo great about them that I cant capture in a jar of dill pickles?

shoy18

Post Fri, Jan 26 2007, 1:42 pm
Tons of traffic
enough restaurants for a life time
rude obnoxcious people wearing all black

You guessed it....BROOKLYN

Last edited by shoy18 on Fri, Jan 26 2007, 1:45 pm; edited 1 time in total

shayna82

Post Fri, Jan 26 2007, 1:43 pm
um brooklyn???!!

shoy18

Post Fri, Jan 26 2007, 1:46 pm
shayna82 wrote:
um brooklyn???!!

YUP I dont know why it didnt show up

amother

Post Sat, Jan 27 2007, 11:02 am
whoa this is so pathetic.......purple suare is asking around for interesting sights to see while she's on a road trip, and all you people have to offer is "rude people", "traffic", "ice cream and pickles", and "a new subway entrance"??!!! I don't think these things are the reasons why people want to take road trips! I doubt purple square will come to your town specifically to see lots of traffic or to see rude people. can't you guys come up with anything more exciting in your town than a "new subway entrance?"

timeout

Post Sat, Jan 27 2007, 7:12 pm
Philadelphia is great and historic people are nice (not rude) and there's tunz to do with 4 kosher restaraunts depending where you are.

chocolate moose

Post Sat, Jan 27 2007, 7:51 pm
Our new subway extrqance/exit is fabulous. Right on Broadway and very convenient, now that it's below zero degrees in the wind chill factor!

shayna82

Post Sat, Jan 27 2007, 7:52 pm
amother wrote:
whoa this is so pathetic.......purple suare is asking around for interesting sights to see while she's on a road trip, and all you people have to offer is "rude people", "traffic", "ice cream and pickles", and "a new subway entrance"??!!! I don't think these things are the reasons why people want to take road trips! I doubt purple square will come to your town specifically to see lots of traffic or to see rude people. can't you guys come up with anything more exciting in your town than a "new subway entrance?"

amother, why dont you enlighten us as to what intelligent sites there are to visit in YOUR town, or would that be giving yiourself away??? Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

greenfire

Post Sat, Jan 27 2007, 7:56 pm
amother wrote:

excuse me - but we were sidetraking - and the pickles and ice cream were for sayna82 - NOT YOU

withhumor

Post Sat, Jan 27 2007, 9:49 pm
For starters, these ‘greeners’ came off the boat and brought this recipe with them. They stood there rain or shine selling a ‘nickel a pickle’ for more than a hundred years. They will sell you one now and you will never eat from a store shelf again! Nothing like a kosher NY pickle! (with a hot pastrami sandwich, to go)

greenfire

Post Sat, Jan 27 2007, 9:54 pm
withhumor wrote:
For starters, these ‘greeners’ came off the boat and brought this recipe with them. They stood there rain or shine selling a ‘nickel a pickle’ for more than a hundred years. They will sell you one now and you will never eat from a store shelf again! Nothing like a kosher NY pickle! (with a hot pastrami sandwich, to go)

OMG - you are making me HUNGRY!!!

Squash

Post Sat, Jan 27 2007, 10:02 pm
shoy18 wrote:
rude obnoxcious people wearing all black

You guessed it....BROOKLYN

I'm sure you knew this wasn't long in coming, shoy. But, yes, I am offended by that statement.

Please don't start with "what should I do, it's true, blah blah blah".

There are lots and lots of "people wearing all black" who are very kind and considerate.

Of course, in any place that is so densely populated with the same types of people (generally), you're bound to have the good and the bad. And human nature being what it is, we all realize and hilight the negative.

But still, I think it was wrong of you to write that.

withhumor

Post Sat, Jan 27 2007, 10:03 pm
Greenfire, take a load of this:
Chinese food at any waking hour of the day/night.
Fresh pizza with the best hechsher
Ice cream and grilled sandwiches
24 hour supermarkets at every street corner
fill your prescription anytime, round the clock
ok, I’m exaderating, so what
great entertainment for nothing, in Manhattan

G-d, I love NY!

greenfire

Post Sat, Jan 27 2007, 10:14 pm
Okay withhumor - aren't you exaggerating
I know NY is the city that never sleeps - I'm from NY. But we do have 24 hr pharmacies. We have a .50 movies. And what I'm looking for RIGHT NOW is the pastrami sandwich w/an authentic garlic barrel pickle - mmmmmmmmmm - all cause of you!
And by the way, I don't miss that insane city with all the hustle and bustle and cutting people off, etc. parking cars on which side of the street is it?!?!?!

withhumor

Post Sat, Jan 27 2007, 10:18 pm
You miss it you miss it. Once a New Yorker, always a New Yorker. And that sandwich (did I mention it’s on a crispy store-baked club bread?!) is an open invitation for us to meet. So where will it be, Essex on Coney? Mr. Broadway? You pick, I’ll eat! Don’t forget the cole slaw and potato salad with an egg-roll and mushroom barley soup and a…………. ok I’m salivating too!

greenfire

Post Sat, Jan 27 2007, 10:25 pm
My sister and me used to go to shmulkes all the time and then get choc moose to share mmmm - I think essex on coney has been the next vote - How much are you eating - we'll save the chinese for another time. prefer fries to coleslaw & potatoe salad but maybe a potatoe knish - ok I guess I have to visit NY - I get my fill my fam still lives there and my friends sooo - I guess I may have to give up my identity soon eh?
Page 2 of 4 Previous  1  2  3  4  Next Recent Topics