Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Pesach
Have you started Pesach cleaning yet?
1  2  3  4  Next

Have you started Pesach cleaning yet?
Have I started yet? Of course. Don' t you know Chanukah was weeks ago?  
 2%  [ 2 ]
Well, it's almost Tu Bishvat. Does thinking about starting count?  
 13%  [ 11 ]
I've made a start, but nothing too exciting.  
 4%  [ 4 ]
Just about starting now.  
 11%  [ 10 ]
I don't believe in doing anything until after Purim.  
 40%  [ 34 ]
Rosh Chodesh Nissan is fine for me.  
 14%  [ 12 ]
Who does Pesach cleaning? I'm off to my parents/ hotel.  
 13%  [ 11 ]
Total Votes : 84

shalhevet

Post Sat, Jan 27 2007, 4:08 pm
Well, it's always the same for me. With the great balabusta I am, no time is too early. Confused But however early I start I end up with a last minute panic, as I am swiftly overtaken sometime around the end of Adar with all those super-efficient women who clean a room from top to bottom in a day and have a freezer full of Pesach goodies while I am still scrubbing my kitchen sink.

Help Help Help

chocolate moose

Post Sat, Jan 27 2007, 8:17 pm
I haven't made Pesach in this new apt yet, but I doubt we'll do anything until before Purim....except regular cleaning and maintenance; I wouldn't want to clean a year of filth after Rosh Chodesh!

ny21

Post Sat, Jan 27 2007, 8:27 pm
I did not start to clean - b ti have bought a few things for the kitchen

Mitzvahmom

Post Sat, Jan 27 2007, 8:28 pm
I might cheat this year! and Move right before pesach! LOL

withhumor

Post Sat, Jan 27 2007, 10:30 pm
Are you all out of your minds.... in NY the apartments come with a self-clean button.

mali

Post Sun, Jan 28 2007, 1:16 am
withhumor wrote:
Are you all out of your minds.... in NY the apartments come with a self-clean button.
LOL LOL LOL

rainbow baby

Post Sun, Jan 28 2007, 9:43 am
Well this year it is going to be verrrrrrrrry interesting. My baby who BH is not so much a baby anymore is going to be three on the 2nd Nissan. So hense we are going to be making his Uphsernish on the 2nd Nissan. When he was born I had the whole of the upstairs Pesach cleaned. Then after his Sholom Zochar I discovered that my kids and the other kids that had come had unPesach cleaned upstairs. So this this time I've decided that I'am not going to bother Pesach cleaning until after the Uphsharnish. In my house I generally lock one room away so most of the toys go in there and we lock cupboards, etc... so I'am really not panacking about it at all.
Oh yes and NH I have a Pesach kitchen so there's nothing to panick about, HELP.

gryp

Post Sun, Jan 28 2007, 10:22 am
parents and hotel are not the same thing.

MyKidsRQte

Post Sun, Jan 28 2007, 10:30 am
I have no clue what I am doing for Peisach. I dont want to make myself crazy nd clean if I will end up not staying home. I guess time will tell. I usually start after Purim anyways(although, I start thinking about starting chanukah time, lol)

supermom

Post Sun, Jan 28 2007, 10:54 am
Shalhevet this is the first time I can actually say to you my head will be their next week. LOL My mother is coming to israel so got to clean my house to the point of licking the floor.

dewyt

Post Sun, Jan 28 2007, 11:12 am
Went to Florida for the last two years (those were my first two that Ive been married for...) and we'll see about this year. I want to stay home, so I guess Ill be posting sometime soon for some HELP cleaning as I dunno where to start! How does one do it with a baby??

S.Shcwartz

Post Sun, Jan 28 2007, 11:57 am
Mitzvahmom wrote:
I might cheat this year! and Move right before pesach! LOL

me too!

Marion

Post Mon, Jan 29 2007, 8:25 am
Well, in a manner of speaking I've already started, as we don't take food off the main floor. I figure as long as I do the kitchen/living/dining room I'm OK, but we won't do that until after Purim for sure. Partly because we still have a pile of boxes in the way; I'd rather unpack them than move them again!

Usually I hire a couple of yeshiva guys to come for a few hours and do my fridge/freezer and other hard to do with no time items, then I can just do my regular cleaning.

DefyGravity

Post Mon, Jan 29 2007, 12:45 pm
I'll start cleaning after Purim.
It's so annoying - I have to clean my entire house, and we're only going to be here for the first 2 days! At least it's MY house and only has to be cleaned to MY standards.

yedidya's mom

Post Mon, Jan 29 2007, 12:53 pm
I'm making pessach for the first time and am really really nervous abt the whole thing. could use some reassurance. I decided I want to have everything except for dining/living room and kitchen clean before purim but not sure how realistic that is. but bedrooms and bathrooms are really not that hard- just go through drawers and clean floor very well. right?
what do ppl do abt pessach dishes? do you have a separate set of pots, cutlery, etc. for pessach or do you kasher your regular ones and use those?

Last edited by yedidya's mom on Mon, Jan 29 2007, 12:54 pm; edited 1 time in total

shayna82

Post Mon, Jan 29 2007, 12:54 pm
we are not so into the cleaning thing. my house is clean. we a good vacuuming upstairs, a declutter also, move some furniture around while we are at it for some nice new looks. then a good cleaning in the kitchen and dining room. we dont make ourselves nuts, theres no point. so, 4 weeks before pesach is declutter, 2 weeks before pesach is heavy vacuming. a week before pesach is some kitchen stuff, and finished. A tired mommy and tatty on pesach is NO fun.

DefyGravity

Post Mon, Jan 29 2007, 12:56 pm
Shayna, my goal is to do what you do.
Basically do a much needed spring cleaning.
I'm don't plan on being backside - I will not do what I grew up doing!!!!!

shayna82

Post Mon, Jan 29 2007, 1:02 pm
theres no point. we are human. we clean our house a nice cleaning and know that we did our best. pesach shouldnt be--- AHHH pesach is coming cuz of the cleaning. I for one freak out, cuz its only the second year doing it, and the food preperation is the only thing that scares me, but thats all yeear round anyway... just making food that is tasty and yummy and enough for everyone. the cleaning is sooo not a big deal. I just put on the calendar on each sunday for four weeks befor pesach what to concentrate on for that week. and honestly, we concentrate on weekends to get it done when my hubby is home, I dont break my neck trying to scrub while the little ones are home, especially since no school before pesach, and im expecting tk this year...

you will feel sooo much more relaxed! good luck

amother

Post Mon, Jan 29 2007, 10:58 pm
I hate being under pressure and I'm a perfectionist. This is what works best for me :
I always start about 12 weeks b4 Pesach. Once a week I take a cleaning lady and we do it together. I rather do it this way than working round the clock 2-3 weeks before Pesach.

rachel

Post Mon, Jan 29 2007, 11:21 pm
I posted the one above as "amother" by mistake. Actually, it's no secret.
Page 1 of 4 1  2  3  4  Next Recent Topics