Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women -> Teachers' Room
Attention ALL P3 providers in NYC
  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  Next

miami85

Post Mon, Jan 07 2013, 11:10 pm
Is anyone else as FRUSTRATED as I am that they haven't payed yet?!
Is anyone else getting the royal runaround?
Anyone else want to join me in marching down to 65 court st and finding out what's going on?

smmsm

Post Tue, Jan 08 2013, 12:51 am
Its the new billing, did u fill out the paper with ur email address and social and other info and get clearance from that dept? The only way I know about it is from other p3 providers... which district are u in?

french fries

Post Tue, Jan 08 2013, 8:27 am
Has anyone been paid?

amother

Post Tue, Jan 08 2013, 9:06 am
My sister is a p3 provider and hasnt been paid yet since the begining of the year I keep telling her that all providers should join together and do something about it to demand payment maybe this forum can brainstorm what to do about it thanks

Rosemarie

Post Tue, Jan 08 2013, 11:16 am
I heard from other providers and then called for info and was told you need to register on their vendor portal and email for pets clearance, not sure what that is, and then wait for validation. Just did it yesterday. Will keep you posted if anything happens. I never got anything in the mail telling me to do thus, or that they have a new system... So frustrating

Rosemarie

Post Tue, Jan 08 2013, 11:24 am
amother wrote:
My sister is a p3 provider and hasnt been paid yet since the begining of the year I keep telling her that all providers should join together and do something about it to demand payment maybe this forum can brainstorm what to do about it thanks

I keep telling my husband every time I see another p3 agency advertising, that instead of all these agencies, (which in my opinion are useless as we can all work on our own, get cases thru schools or word of mouth... and they underpay their providers anyway-I went for an interview to one of them once and was totally turned off.) we should form some kind of union type of agency/organisation, once we are united we could fight for our rights, to get paid more-according to the going rate, get paid on time, be notified promptly of system changes, have people to speak to, not be given a run around for each little thing...
Anyone want to work on this with me?

Rosemarie

Post Tue, Jan 08 2013, 11:25 am
smmsm wrote:
Its the new billing, did u fill out the paper with ur email address and social and other info and get clearance from that dept? The only way I know about it is from other p3 providers... which district are u in?

where did you get this paper from?

miami85

Post Tue, Jan 08 2013, 12:03 pm
I am in CSE 3. As far as I know, per my district rep, they haven't paid ANYONE yet. I have done EVERYTHING that they've asked me to do as far as the vendor portal, the PETs system, the "new" invoice form". For half of you I'm probably speaking Greek, b/c have they informed anyone of ALL of these changes??? NO!!!! I only know about them because I've called, and I've called, and I've called. I've spoken to fellow independent providers and even people who've been doing this for years don't knowwhat I'm talking about.
Since Mid-November they keep giving me stories, "Still doing Jul/Aug--give it another two weeks", A week later "soon, "we're working overtime"", All of December "Vender portal/Pets". Once I was activated in PETs"the invoices are ready to be processed", Last week " Your invoices are ready, maybe by Friday", This past Monday, "They're on someone's desk". "They are ready to be processed..."Sept and October", Yesterday "call back tomorrow...just September" . Today "When did you submit your invoices (Beginning of October, resubmitted corrected invoices Beginning of December)"Oh, that's different, Why didn't you tell me that yesterday (You didn't ASK!!!!)...call back tomorrow". I HAVE HAD IT!!!!!! I think they owe us PLUS interest--How am I supposed to live without getting paid for 4 months! Any other kind of govt agency would be in MAJOR hot water--but b/c we are "independent providers" we have no backing.

Quote:
I keep telling my husband every time I see another p3 agency advertising, that instead of all these agencies, (which in my opinion are useless as we can all work on our own, get cases thru schools or word of mouth... and they underpay their providers anyway-I went for an interview to one of them once and was totally turned off.) we should form some kind of union type of agency/organisation, once we are united we could fight for our rights, to get paid more-according to the going rate, get paid on time, be notified promptly of system changes, have people to speak to, not be given a run around for each little thing...
Anyone want to work on this with me?
ME ME ME --yes yes yes!!!

miami85

Post Tue, Jan 08 2013, 12:06 pm
My CSE rep actually said we should start banding together to maybe get a lawyer. I'm trying to contact the local news agencies. Anyone want to meet me at 65 court st to barge in? Anyone have Bloomberg's number? Dennis Walcott?
I've called 311 several times, but I keep getting back to NPSP who tell me "we're working on it"--WELL WORK A LITTLE DARN FASTER!!!

seeker

Post Tue, Jan 08 2013, 12:44 pm
Dang, I wrote such an intelligent response and somehow my page refreshed and it disappeared. The short of it was that I totally agree that their system is ridiculous and unfair to providers, however I doubt there is anything we can do about it because there are still apparently plenty of people willing to work for agencies for peanuts. I'm afraid of our jobs getting contracted out to agencies, maybe the DOE will just stop taking independents altogether. Remember how Title I got taken over by Catapult? My bet is that the owner of Catapult has some disgusting deal with someone high up in the DOE and they are both laughing their way to the bank at the expense of teachers, students, and taxpayers. The DOE pays less so they're happy, Catapult pays the teachers even less and has plenty of security because they got an exclusive contract so they're happily turning plenty of profit, the teachers are not qualified in special ed in any way and yet they are getting employed as special ed teachers with materials and support provided for them so I bet they're satisfied enough. Meanwhile teachers' jobs disappeared overnight, high-needs students are being taught by people with zero pedagogical background, and nobody can really do anything about it.

I think one of the advantages of agencies is that they can do things like hire lawyers and accountants on behalf of the entire company. However they all seem incredibly greedy. I once interviewed for a job with one agency that had groups of 5 in each session and was offering the providers something like $35. Are you kidding? The DOE pays $100 for that. Of course I walked right out but someone else took that position surely and this agency serves many schools. I do think it's easier for the schools to go through an agency but I feel like they're all out to rip off as many people as possible. I would totally like to start an agency to do things better but I have to admit I'm a little afraid of the competition. Maybe I'll give it a try.

I did once work for a very erlich (Catholic ehrlich, but doesn't matter) agent (the reason I'm making more now and went off on my own was because I got more cases and also he didn't group by policy. He did it that way because he felt the kids gained the most that way and he certainly has a point. But that limits you to the one-kid pay. I think I will call him and ask how he's been getting paid lately.

seeker

Post Tue, Jan 08 2013, 12:51 pm
Maybe we can bombard NY news agencies with letters until they pick up the scoop. I'd start a facebook page, too, but I need some help thinking of something catchy to call it.

seeker

Post Tue, Jan 08 2013, 12:54 pm
Anyone know if other related service providers are having issues? I can ask our speech therapist tomorrow if we cross paths, I never really see any others.

miami85

Post Tue, Jan 08 2013, 12:55 pm
I'm with you. I already emailed WCBS. Havent heard from them yet.

seeker

Post Tue, Jan 08 2013, 1:03 pm
Let's coordinate emails/calls/letters with everyone on board here so maybe we can get up enough volume to get attention. Who did you email at cbs? Random address off their website?

miami85

Post Tue, Jan 08 2013, 1:15 pm
Yea, but I'm trying something more direct. I have a family member who used to work at CBS and I'm trying to tap into her, maybe she knows someone.

french fries

Post Tue, Jan 08 2013, 3:32 pm
I believe all other services go through an agency. They get paid.

lady

Post Tue, Jan 08 2013, 3:55 pm
I called dov hikinds office and his office already knew about the problem from other providers. He is working on the issue with someone from the agudah. Greenfields office is working on it as well. Call your local politicians. The more pressure we put on them maybe well have more of a chance of seeing our money. Also, the tv show "shame on you" might b interested to interview people. I actually called today the board of ed to ask when ill get paid and she put me on hold for quite awhile, so I hung up. 5 minutes later she actually called back and said that she will put my papers together to be processed tomorow and if there will b any problem shell call me back. That was definitely shocking!

runninglate

Post Tue, Jan 08 2013, 4:38 pm
Is this problem because of mistakes you made in your billing or are they not paying even if you do everything right? I'm looking to do p3, but this info is really turning me off.

french fries

Post Tue, Jan 08 2013, 5:02 pm
I would wait to become a P3 till after they get these problems fixed.

seeker

Post Tue, Jan 08 2013, 6:11 pm
Anyone want to post (anon if you want) what you emailed/mailed/said to your councilperson/representative/news station? I have my ideas of what I want to write but would like to see some examples for inspiration.
Page 1 of 9   1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  Next Recent Topics