Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise
Can you be size zero with a fat stomach?
1  2  Next

amother

Post Wed, Jan 09 2013, 6:20 pm
If someone is a size zero, is it possible that she can still have a fat stomach?

Optione

Post Wed, Jan 09 2013, 6:24 pm
How will she zipper her skirt or button the bottom of a blouse?

b from nj

Post Wed, Jan 09 2013, 6:26 pm
Uh NO OP! My daughter's bff is a size 0 & she is a STICK with a very flat stomach & she weighs around 90 lbs. soaking wet!!

sequoia

Post Wed, Jan 09 2013, 6:28 pm
Yes. I have always had a fat stomach, and I was a size 0 in my late teens. Those days are gone, clearly, but yeah, structure and size are different things.

Maya

Post Wed, Jan 09 2013, 6:32 pm
sequoia wrote:
Yes. I have always had a fat stomach, and I was a size 0 in my late teens. Those days are gone, clearly, but yeah, structure and size are different things.

Same here.

b from nj

Post Wed, Jan 09 2013, 6:35 pm
Maya wrote:
sequoia wrote:

Same here.

Are you guys very tall? It's hard to imagine how that is possible but I have never been a size zero so I don't know from personal experience!

Maya

Post Wed, Jan 09 2013, 6:39 pm
I'm not, I'm only 5'3".

b from nj

Post Wed, Jan 09 2013, 6:55 pm
Maya wrote:
I'm not, I'm only 5'3".

Strange, my daughter's friend is around that height. Then again, I wonder if you just felt like your stomach was big b/c sometimes ppl. think they are fat but an objective bystander would totally disagree but I guess we'll never know for sure...

Cookies n Cream

Post Wed, Jan 09 2013, 6:59 pm
b from nj wrote:
Maya wrote:
I'm not, I'm only 5'3".

Strange, my daughter's friend is around that height. Then again, I wonder if you just felt like your stomach was big b/c sometimes ppl. think they are fat but an objective bystander would totally disagree but I guess we'll never know for sure...

Like a previous poster said size and structure are 2 different things. Someone that's a size 0 is not necessarily flat.
I know people that are a size 4 yet have a stomach sticking out and constantly look pregnant.
Their "meat" is just in the wrong place...

zaq

Post Wed, Jan 09 2013, 7:06 pm
It's possible, why not? If your body stores fat in the belly, then it stores fat in the belly. Everyone who isn't slowly starving to death has some body fat, and different bodies store it in different places. Can you be a size 0 and have a relatively big tush or relatively big bosom? yes indeed.

A protruding belly is not necessarily fat. It can be bloating, either from water retention or from bowel distention from constipation. If a person is very thin, the belly will visibly swell after a meal, like a snake that swallows its prey whole. Weak abdominal muscles will allow the internal organs to sag forward, giving the appearance of a pot belly. Poor posture can also create the illusion of a potbelly. And finally, extreme starvation causes the belly to swell and appear fat even when the ribs show thru the skin.

MrsDash

Post Wed, Jan 09 2013, 7:24 pm
As long as their waist is under 25 inches, they can have any kind of tummy. It really depends on the cut, and brand of the size 0 article of clothing.

FranticFrummie

Post Wed, Jan 09 2013, 7:54 pm
b from nj wrote:
Maya wrote:
I'm not, I'm only 5'3".

Has your daughter hit puberty yet? Once the hormones kick in, often fat starts getting stored around the hips and tummy, to provide protection for the (potential) baby. Most teens I know go from looking like Twiggy to looking like Mae West about a year after bas mitzva. shock

When I was having eating issues, I got down to 92 pounds and was a size zero at 5'7" tall. I still had a poochy tummy.

b from nj

Post Wed, Jan 09 2013, 8:00 pm
FranticFrummie wrote:
b from nj wrote:
Maya wrote:
I'm not, I'm only 5'3".

Has your daughter hit puberty yet? Once the hormones kick in, often fat starts getting stored around the hips and tummy, to provide protection for the (potential) baby. Most teens I know go from looking like Twiggy to looking like Mae West about a year after bas mitzva. shock

When I was having eating issues, I got down to 92 pounds and was a size zero at 5'7" tall. I still had a poochy tummy.

My DD & her friend are both 21, so yes they have hit puberty Very Happy & yet there is not a drop of poochiness on the friend!

sequoia

Post Wed, Jan 09 2013, 8:34 pm
Maya wrote:
I'm not, I'm only 5'3".

Me too.

amother

Post Wed, Jan 09 2013, 8:46 pm
Size and structure are totally different things. I'm a size 6 (5'5") and my stomach is flat flat flat, even after having a baby. All the fat is in my hips, tush and face. If a size 0 person is apple shaped, then the small amount of fat that she has will go right into her stomach. Ever heard of different shapes? Apple, pear, hourglass, rectangle...

chocolate chips

Post Wed, Jan 09 2013, 9:02 pm
I am a size 0-2 and I have a flabby belly, kinda like a mummy tummy (from pregnancy) so yeh I guess it is!

FranticFrummie

Post Wed, Jan 09 2013, 9:08 pm
Yep, I'm rather pear shaped. "I used to have an hourglass figure, but all the sand's gone to the bottom!" LOL

bookworm10

Post Wed, Jan 09 2013, 9:15 pm
Yes. I have always had a flabby stomach. I am an apple. Even in my 5"4 90 lbs days... my stomach was always a little chubby.

spring13

Post Wed, Jan 09 2013, 9:20 pm
There's always kwashiorkor, but I doubt that's relevant to anyone on this website...

flowerpower

Post Wed, Jan 09 2013, 9:26 pm
My very skinny friend had 6 c- sections and doesn't work out so I'm sure her belly is nice and flabby. Its possible.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise