Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Brooklyn pediatrician recommendations?

amother

Post Thu, Jan 10 2013, 4:09 pm
DH and I are expecting our first, IYH, and I'm looking for a recommendation for a pediatrician in Brooklyn, Flatbush preferably. We'd like to find someone accessible (phone calls, office hours, email, etc.) and who is open to more holistic options. Any suggestions?

MimiMommy

Post Thu, Jan 10 2013, 4:18 pm
You can try Dr Abberbock on e.2 between M-N. from my experience they're not really holistic but they don't criticize it and are open to discussion (unless you dont want vaccinations),There are a few doctors in the practice and I've always been able to get appointments right away. The wait us usually not bad either, but it's a very busy office.
Also dr. Beityakov on e. 26 m-n. does it out of his house. I haven't used him but have heard great things. He is very gentle and gives lots of personal attention. I'm thinking of switching to him.

amother

Post Thu, Jan 10 2013, 4:24 pm
OP here, yeah we aren't anti-vaccination, but DH tends to be more natural minded, so I want someone who is at least open to other ideas, and won't look at us like our heads are on fire....

Anyone have any other suggestions?

amother

Post Thu, Jan 10 2013, 7:36 pm
Dr rajaram is very natural minded. Only time she is into medication is for infections and vaccinations. She will find you alternatives for everything and loves to spend time discussing these things.

amother

Post Thu, Jan 10 2013, 8:34 pm
We use Dr. Bulmash/Dr. Feldman and are very happy there.
They're in kensington/bp neighborhood.
Feldman is ok with natural, Bulmash isn't but is really experienced with diagnosing what the problem really is, so I only go to him when thats needed.
Their hours are great and I dont have a problem reaching them in an emergency.
The wait is like most other offices, a wait Wink , but I always ask them when in the day/week is my best option for the shortest wait.

octopus

Post Thu, Jan 10 2013, 9:21 pm
amother wrote:
OP here, yeah we aren't anti-vaccination, but DH tends to be more natural minded, so I want someone who is at least open to other ideas, and won't look at us like our heads are on fire....

Anyone have any other suggestions?

I find that the non-american dr's are much more open to natural home remedies than the american ones. I use dr. beityakov and I'm very happy. If I want the prescription he will give it to me, but he will often suggest natural remedies and tell me to wait first (for ex. regarding ear infection). wait time is very little, the wait most times (barring busy season) is about 5 minutes. downsides- I do sometimes feel rushed, like if I don't have my questions prepared I won't have a chance to ask- I have gone to doctors that did give me more time, but the downside is a longer wait in the waiting room.I barely wait at this office. so I write down my q's and make sure I get them all in.
And the office sometimes messes up my billing. which to me is very aggravating sometimes. but you can't have it all at any pediatrician's office.

amother

Post Thu, Jan 10 2013, 9:23 pm
Dr. Beityakov is a great doctor. I wouldnt call him holistic but a great and gentle doctor. The shortest waits you'll ever find in a doctor's office. located on 24th btwn N & O. works in his basement and can ALWAYS be reached!!!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics