Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
Best shells for hiding sweat... :\

amother

Post Sun, Jan 13 2013, 10:39 pm
this is so embarassing but I sweat through EvERYTHING.. I have hyperhydrosis and doesn't matter what, my underarms always sweat. I don't need advice about antiperspirant or prescriptions because I tried them all and nothing works. so basically I am hoping to find a brand of shells that the fabric quality hides moisture as much as possible. I don't like kiki riki. junees are ok. also I live in a hot climate so anything thick will just make it worse. please!! anyone have suggestions? I'm desperate Sad

paprika

Post Sun, Jan 13 2013, 10:59 pm
How about underarm shields? They are pads that you stick to your clothing and dispose of at days end.

amother

Post Sun, Jan 13 2013, 11:08 pm
I can't stand the disposable kind as they don't always stay in place (and trust me I've used them long enough to know what I'm doing!) plus to wear them every day gets expensive. also if the adhesive gets messed up even a little bit and they move out of place, well, there's a giant sweat mark on just one part of your shirt..

I have the washable ones but they snap around your bra straps, and sometimes they can show through the fabric.. you can either see the outline of the snaps and/or the shield itself. even worse I bought the most absorbant ones and if I wear them alll day (like to work or on shabbos) sometimes I will even sweat through those.

I'm so exhausted from years of trying to cover this up. I don't talk about it with anyone, even dh. it's at the point where I don't mind changing shirts in the middle of the day (black shell for a new black shell, for example) or doing more laundry. I just need to find a good shell that will disguise this problem a little bit better... for my sanity..

amother

Post Sun, Jan 13 2013, 11:10 pm
I just want you to know that I have the same problem!! You probably feel like you are the only one - that's how I feel. Occasionally I have noticed sweat under armpits of other women but really on only very hot days .... and at that point my sweat is dripping down to my wrists. I don't have an odor problem but I too have the sweat issue and tried .. everything. I put on loads of baby powder to dry up b4 putting on my shirt and insist on the air conditioning going at full blast to keep my underarms cool and dry. Sounds familiar? Believe it or not, there are times when it is very cold outside and my underarms are wet. No, the shields are horrible. Feels disgusting to sit in wetness under the arms the whole day. At least with a cotton shirt they can dry off a bit. Oh well, I'm no help ... but I am looking for answers on this thread too. For now try cotton, loose fitting tops and use baby powder but it's just relief for a short time. (cotton absorbs sweat) Good luck!

spring13

Post Sun, Jan 13 2013, 11:33 pm
Have you tried shirts meant for exercise, made of moisture-wicking fabric?

http://www.underarmour.com/sho.....3-001
http://www.dickssportinggoods......14440

amother

Post Sun, Jan 13 2013, 11:49 pm
thanks spring, I will definitely look into those. maybe not for work but at least I could go for walks and exercise again without wanting to die of embarassment..

I read on a site just now that rayon is really good, also viscose fabrics. I see that kosher casual has shells that are 90% viscose. anyone wear shells from there?

frw

Post Mon, Jan 14 2013, 2:11 am
Shell station. Their models are fabulous for anti sweat

amother

Post Mon, Jan 14 2013, 8:09 am
my husband has the same problem and he has tried everything out there but nothing worked. we just found this product called sweatblock and IT IS A MIRACLE. you can buy it at www.sweatblock.com. It is a drop expensive but worth every penny!When he uses this he does not sweat one drip. Please try it!

amother

Post Mon, Jan 14 2013, 8:58 am
I could've written your post, I am also a hyperhyrosis sufferer...

It can be so embarrassing but I've basically learned that shells can be a lifesaver. I mostly wear she'll station modal. NO it doesn't fix the problem but it covers up pretty well.

I think someone should start a spinoff thread on this...
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics