Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Manners & Etiquette
Thank You Cards - Office Baby shower

amother

Post Sat, Jan 19 2013, 8:16 pm
My coworkers made me a baby shower at work this week. Do I write thank you cards to each person who gave a gift? Or one collective card? Do I give them out at work or mail them? Any advice on wording would be helpful as well. Thanks in advance!

nyer1

Post Sat, Jan 19 2013, 8:20 pm
to make it easy, I would do just very generic, maybe even print them instead of handwriting, and give each one to each person who contributed... can u put them in people's mailboxes at work? im not sure what type of setting you work in, but at my job each person has a mailbox...
can you write something like this?...

Dear_____________,
Thank you so much for participating in the bridal shower and for the thoughtful and generous gift! It was wonderful celebrating with you!

Sincerely,
______

amother

Post Sat, Jan 19 2013, 8:23 pm
nyer1 wrote:
to make it easy, I would do just very generic, maybe even print them instead of handwriting, and give each one to each person who contributed... can u put them in people's mailboxes at work? im not sure what type of setting you work in, but at my job each person has a mailbox...
can you write something like this?...

Dear_____________,
Thank you so much for participating in the bridal shower and for the thoughtful and generous gift! It was wonderful celebrating with you!

Sincerely,
______

OP here. Thank so much for the quick response! We don't have mailboxes so I'm not sure the best way to give them out. I also don't have anyone's addresses. Is it weird to hand out thank you cards?

Peanut2

Post Sat, Jan 19 2013, 8:26 pm
Did you get a gift from each person? Then definitely yes!

If not, I'd still write a small note to each individual person.

When I got married work people chipped in like $10 or $20 each for one gift, and I still wrote each person her own thank you card.

amother

Post Sat, Jan 19 2013, 8:41 pm
OP here. Thanks for responses. Can I use the thank you cards I have from my wedding? they just say mine and my husbands name on it, or do I need to get other ones (this was a baby shower). thanks so much!

Tova

Post Sat, Jan 19 2013, 8:56 pm
My colleagues made me a really nice (surprise) baby shower when I was expecting my first. Aside from my verbal thanks at the time, I waited until the baby was born and then e-mailed everyone with a picture, details (they love hearing the weight, etc.) and a written thanks again.

CPenzias

Post Sat, Jan 19 2013, 9:22 pm
I work in a public school. I started last year and there were 2 baby showers so far. For each person I bought something and they put individual thank you cards in each persons mail box who bought them something. It was thoughtful and nice to be acknowledged and thanked for the effort that I made to buy them a gift.

Peanut2

Post Sat, Jan 19 2013, 9:28 pm
amother wrote:
OP here. Thanks for responses. Can I use the thank you cards I have from my wedding? they just say mine and my husbands name on it, or do I need to get other ones (this was a baby shower). thanks so much!

You can do either IMO. I still use my wedding thank you cards, which say our names, as thank you cards still, post baby. Why not?

I used special cards for baby gifts, but I think you can use your wedding cards as general cards for anything. I even use them as cards when I give gifts to say Mazal Tov, etc.

Waffles

Post Sat, Jan 19 2013, 10:14 pm
Maybe you can get to work a little early, and put the card on each person's desk so when they arrive it is waiting for them. No need to get addresses or feel awkward handing it directly
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Relationships -> Manners & Etiquette