Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise
Need to lose baby weight!

amother

Post Thu, Jan 24 2013, 9:42 am
I have b'H KAH had 3 children in 3 years and I have gained so much weight!
I desperately want to lose weight and I have done a ton of research on it as well. I am very into clean eating, but even when I eat clean I am not losing much weight. So I decided to start my diet by doing phase one of the south beach diet (ive done that in the past and I lost 5 lbs, but most importantly, it got rid of my craving for carbs and sugar-I felt amazing!) After that I dont want to really continue the south beach diet, I want to move onto a very clean eating routine (eating 5 times a day....). I also plan to work out 30 minutes a day from home with some online videos that I have. So A- anyone have good advice??
and B- anyone want to join me? Maybe if I had a partner it would help a lot and we can give each other meal ideas, support etc.
I live in Israel so not sure if that matters, but might be more convenient if someone who partnered with me lived here too, but doesnt matter.
And on a side note- I am trying to work out a meal plan and healthy living routine so I can eventually help others do the same. So I guess I am trying to be the first success story and then work from there... So anyone that partners with me will for sure get a lot of info that I have looked into and we can also see if that helps them out too!

amother

Post Thu, Jan 24 2013, 9:54 am
hi, I am a very similar situation, I think I could have written your post, u sound like me..I had 2 kids in a yr an ahalf k"h so I know how you are feeling, and I am also very into eating clean, lets partner up and help each other!!

AZmom09

Post Thu, Jan 24 2013, 10:04 am
Great! you can private message me...

AZmom09

Post Sat, Jan 26 2013, 3:43 pm
amother, whenever you can pm me so we can work out a plan.
I am officially starting my diet tomorrow and already started to cook some food. Ah so much to do. I really hope I can keep this up!

chani8

Post Sat, Jan 26 2013, 4:06 pm
Sounds like you have an excellent plan, OP!!

I did a similar diet to the South Beach, but didn't have a name for it at the time. I just cut carbs, a lot. Then I modified my diet, and then tweaked it, and now I'm on a diet for life that I am comfortable with.

I'd say my diet looks like Atkins Phase 2 (but Phase 3 for Shobbos). However, I don't eat high fat meat products, and I do count calories. I haven't read up on the South Beach in awhile, but I think it just count carbs (like Atkins). Right?

So that is the one tidbit I wanted to share with you. Doing low carb'ing will definately help you to lose weight. No doubt about it. However, there comes a time when you may start out-smarting the diet. And at that time, you could very well over eat, and still be low'carbing.

I did the opposite, at first. I was low carbing so low that I was not eating enough, and I was starving and started to get weak and lethargic. So I started monitoring calories, and realized I just wasn't getting enough.

Now that I've been dieting for about 6 months, and am near my goal weight, I find that I have to monitor my diet to keep from overeating, even though I am still low carb'ing. It is so easy to eat too much, once you get the hang of meal planning.

chocolate moose

Post Sat, Jan 26 2013, 8:26 pm
Exercise helps too.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise