Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
How many hats do you own? Spinoff of "shoes" threa

zaq

Post Wed, Jan 30 2013, 12:12 pm
You know what to do.

busydev

Post Wed, Jan 30 2013, 12:30 pm
none.

dh would "disown" me if I ever thought about getting one. he does not like the look.

amother

Post Wed, Jan 30 2013, 12:31 pm
One knit winter cap. Two wool berets. Three or four felt shul hats and one fake fur for winter. One fancy simcha hat, five straw shul hats for summer. Six or seven baseball-style visored caps and wide-brimmed straw sunhats for summer casual wear. So about 20- 21 total. None less than 4 years old, some more than 10 years old, at least 5 acquired secondhand. Used to be more but this year I finally gave away a bunch that I hadn't worn in years.

Hats are the only kind of clothing I like shopping for. I don't have to strip to try them on and I wear the same size no matter my weight. If a hat grows too tight it means I need a haircut, not a diet. The reason why my hats are all so old is that my taste runs to a bygone age and I haven't liked anything that's been sold for at least the past 15 years. They all look like some misogynist's nasty joke. I'm waiting for the return of the graceful picture hat.

Isramom8

Post Wed, Jan 30 2013, 1:25 pm
Lots and lots of snoods, bands, tichels and other related items. No sheitels.

When I was into hats, I had lots of those, maybe 6 to 8 at a time.

yo'ma

Post Wed, Jan 30 2013, 2:14 pm
Let me think, that one, that one, that one, oh I don't know too many to count, but I don't wear most of them. I mostly wear 6-7 of them.

wife2

Post Wed, Jan 30 2013, 2:36 pm
probably a little more than 10 hats. I have tons of snoods/scarves/other head coverings as well and dont wear hats too often.

Cookies n Cream

Post Wed, Jan 30 2013, 4:30 pm
3 winter hats.
I wear them over my wig.

Liba

Post Wed, Jan 30 2013, 4:44 pm
One. I used to wear it around the house instead of a snood when I was newly married. It is really comfortable. I tried once recently and the look of horror on my kids faces was priceless. LOL

abby1776

Post Wed, Jan 30 2013, 4:50 pm
If you count scarves, snoods, berets, and pretieds - certainly more than the number of shoes I have.
I only own one actual hat - which I bought to wear to my nephew's bar mitzva and never wore.

shanie5

Post Wed, Jan 30 2013, 9:47 pm
I have a bunch-all the same style. Almost all denim. I made them, and wear them always. Shaitel on shabbos, otherwise its my hat. See my avatar for the kind of hat I wear!

bigsis144

Post Wed, Jan 30 2013, 10:01 pm
One black knit beret
One black cap with a brim
One brown suede newsboy cap
One blue sequined beret

I wear those and 3-4 headbands with my band fall. Having hats allows me to go for longer stretches between washes. Smile

And if we're counting pretieds too, half a dozen of those. One solid black, one black with blue and silver sparklies, one purple-white-grey striped, one turquoise-and-lime-watercolor-splotch print, one brown with gold sparklies and one brown with green leaf pattern.

tissues

Post Wed, Jan 30 2013, 10:18 pm
I don't think pretieds count as hats.

I own zero hats. Never have owned any.

mommy of boys

Post Wed, Jan 30 2013, 10:19 pm
seriously? hats? what would I do with that many hats?
I have ONE!

Rodent

Post Thu, Jan 31 2013, 6:58 am
Some of us don't hold that sheitels are valid, so yes some of us have hats.

I have probably 3 hats, a handful of scarves and a couple of snoods.

Most haven't been worn since I was first married and trying things out.

That I actually wear I have 1 snood, 1 snood I use for swimming only, 1 black hat I wear maybe twice a year and that's it.

Ruchel

Post Thu, Jan 31 2013, 9:07 am
My civil wedding hat and an old sunhat. I don't find hats practical nor do I like the look except with lots of hair out (which I don't do) or on a sheitel.
I have one beret I wear on a fall.

I have a couple snoods I prefer to hats when I can't wear a sheitel, but still probably wouldn't go out in them when I'll be seen.

I have lots of bandanas but now that I cover my hair fully I don't wear them anymore.

shabbatiscoming

Post Thu, Jan 31 2013, 9:49 am
No hats (or wigs for that matter)
I wear mitpachot and berets.

SJcookie

Post Thu, Jan 31 2013, 10:21 am
I don't wear a wig, but also rarely wear a hat. I feel like I look a lot older in hats.
I have 5 hats (including the black one with the flower that's always advertised on imamother LOL) ...I probably have over 50 scarves.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics