Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions
Working as an accountant in Israel

amother

Post Sun, Feb 03 2013, 11:56 am
DH is considering going into accounting but hasn't decided yet what type of degree and specialty he wants to do. Our goal is to make aliyah as soon as he is done, so we want the degree to be one that will work in E"Y.
What types of accounting jobs are readily available there?
What type of qualification is most likely going to get him a decent job (CA, CGA etc.) without expecting him to work insane hours, like some of the big north american companies do?
What's an average starting salary? What's an average salary after 5-10 years?
Also, is part-time accountancy a realistic option if he wants to try and have a full morning or afternoon seder at some point?
Would he have to requalify in E"Y?
I'd really appreciate whatever insight anyone can give us into what this field is like in E"Y.

Tova

Post Sun, Feb 03 2013, 1:37 pm
I have been told that tax accounting (US tax law) is a real commodity in Israel. You do not have to take the Israeli CPA in order to have access to jobs; there are job prospects if you have your American CPA. Then again, of course a job in tax will mean busy seasons. Supposedly the Big 4 firms are more family-friendly in Israel than US, but it's still very busy during tax season. You can PM me if you want as I have access to a bit more info.

Tova

Post Sun, Feb 03 2013, 1:38 pm
I have no idea what a CA or CGA is...are you in the US?

STovah

Post Sun, Feb 03 2013, 3:17 pm
CA - chartered accountant. Not sure about CGA. It's the Canadian and British equivalent to the CPA title.

amother

Post Sun, Feb 03 2013, 4:29 pm
I worked as a US tax accountant in Israel. There are definitely jobs but its not always easy to find them. I also know some people who freelanced for your firms in the states, but generally thet already had experience.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions