Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions
Going to college- past 28 years old.

amother

Post Sun, Feb 03 2013, 5:09 pm
I am thinking of going to college and getting my BA here but do I even have a chance? The couple of mechina programs I looked at all stated 23 y.o as the maximum age... how are people supposed to get career advancement if the maximum age for mechina is 23. How am I supposed to go to college? Anyone knows?

Peanut2

Post Sun, Feb 03 2013, 5:56 pm
I think you can do mechina at any age. The ministry of absorption won't pay for it after a certain age.
Try calling mechinot directly. There are plenty of Israelis studying for their degrees at that age, so I don't see why you can't. What do you want to study and where? Bar Ilan often doesn't require mechina.

It is possible to get the ministry of absorption to pay even when you don't technically qualify, sometimes, if you have a good reason. You can also look into other sources for scholarships.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions