Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Purim
Not Happy on Purim

PaniniMommy

Post Mon, Feb 04 2013, 7:50 am
I used to love Purim. Dressing up and delivering Shaloch Manos. But as the years go on and my life got...complicated. Purim is now my least favorite holiday. Which I know is crazy! I know that its more important then Yom Kippur and a time to be Happy. I guess for me its sad b.c. I think of Purim as an extremely social holiday. I feel silly dressing up, b.c. its not "cool" in all communities and the pressure to have a theme! Dont get me started. But most of all Im sad because our seuda is very lonely. We dont get invited anywhere and we dont know many people. The people who do invite us, I feel, do it out of pity.

So you dont think I'm just a depressed person (which is a different topic) I LOVE Pesach, Sukkos, R"H, Shavuous and even Y"K, I feel so connected to our avos and imahos and Hashem on those days and I get a lot of simcha from them.

Anybody else feel like me?

Culturedpearls

Post Mon, Feb 04 2013, 8:13 am
If I didn't invite a house full of guests I would definitely feel pretty lonely.

Isramom8

Post Mon, Feb 04 2013, 8:22 am
I learned that in South Africa it's common for a few families to make the Purim seuda together, with everyone sharing responsibility. A lot of people in my Israel community do this.

We almost always make the seuda at our home, but we're not the only family responsible for bringing food, etc.

Think about who else might be in your position, or put the word out, and create a joyous seuda together. Since you're calling it, you can even demand costumes. Very Happy

Isramom8

Post Mon, Feb 04 2013, 10:25 am
If you're in Israel, come to us!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics