Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> School age children
From what age?

Form what age did your child have his/her own email address?
under 6  
 14%  [ 2 ]
6-8  
 0%  [ 0 ]
8-10  
 7%  [ 1 ]
10-12  
 21%  [ 3 ]
12-14  
 28%  [ 4 ]
14-17  
 28%  [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 14

leowald

Post Sun, Feb 10 2013, 2:08 pm
From what age did your child have his/her own email address?

From what age did your child actively use email?

Thanks.

chocolate chips

Post Sun, Feb 10 2013, 3:06 pm
I was 18 when my parents let me have my own email.
Before that I used my fathers,

granolamom

Post Sun, Feb 10 2013, 3:11 pm
all of my kids have email addresses, I didnt want someone else with the same name to take those gmail accounts. but only my oldest has access to hers, we gave it to her when she was 12.

amother

Post Sun, Feb 10 2013, 3:37 pm
Amother because I know this makes my family somewhat distinctive:

Age four.

My daughter was fully literate at an early age, but struggled with handwriting at first. Her conversational skills also lagged behind her desire to communicate. We got her an email address, and she frequently and largely independently wrote back and forth with her grandparents.

We could have accomplished the same thing with a typewriter or word-processing program and "snail" mail, but email is easier, faster and more convenient.

She did not know her password until she was much much older, around middle school. I always checked her email account myself for spam or anything else inappropriate, which was negligible. We continue to be extremely cautious with sharing her email address.

chanchy123

Post Mon, Feb 11 2013, 2:16 am
amother wrote:
Amother because I know this makes my family somewhat distinctive:

Age four.

My daughter was fully literate at an early age, but struggled with handwriting at first. Her conversational skills also lagged behind her desire to communicate. We got her an email address, and she frequently and largely independently wrote back and forth with her grandparents.

We could have accomplished the same thing with a typewriter or word-processing program and "snail" mail, but email is easier, faster and more convenient.

She did not know her password until she was much much older, around middle school. I always checked her email account myself for spam or anything else inappropriate, which was negligible. We continue to be extremely cautious with sharing her email address.

My (now 7 yo DD) would use my email account to correspond with grandparents, and occasionally friends. I still don't feel she needs her own address. I guess she will get one when school requires it.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> School age children