Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
Transportation from LGA to Lakewood

busydev

Post Mon, Feb 11 2013, 3:39 pm
We are looking into tickets to Lakewood for Pesach. The cheaper flights are through LGA.

Other then having someone come from lakewood and pick us up what would our options be? Is there a bus or some service that goes from LGA to lakewood?

I google mapped public transportation but that sends me to newark and then by bus to lakewood... and would take over 3 hours.

anything faster out there? Thanks!

pesek zman

Post Mon, Feb 11 2013, 3:41 pm
A cab or car service . Not cheap but certainly fast. (

busydev

Post Mon, Feb 11 2013, 3:44 pm
no that would probably make the trip not worthwhile... I found great tickets that would cost the price of driving or even cheaper (for 2 roundtrips) which is amazing...

abt how much would a cab from lga to newark cost? more then $50? (its easier for someone to pick us up from there or we could take the bus.)

lkwdmommy

Post Mon, Feb 11 2013, 4:09 pm
It's a pretty long trip. My guess is that it would cost much more than $50

busydev

Post Mon, Feb 11 2013, 4:57 pm
oh well... the trip to newark by train/bus is a good 1.5hrs from what I can find. doing that with a 17mo (very active) kid after a 2 hour flight is probably not the best idea....

guess we will have to work on other options... either see if someone can pick us up from lga (thats asking alot tho!) or maybe go to brooklyn where I have some family and then going to lakewood from there the next morning. (we are talking abt traveling on thurs c"h)

is there any bus or something that goes straight from brooklyn to lakewood (jewish I assume...)

if yes how much would it cost per person. would a baby count as a person?

Thanks!

Marion

Post Mon, Feb 11 2013, 11:04 pm
Have you looked into flights to/from Atlantic City? That's the closest airport.

busydev

Post Tue, Feb 12 2013, 3:30 pm
I did not look into Atlantic City. checking it out now but so far on the three sites I tried they did not have any available flights there.

Just for any one else who may need this info, I googled transportation from lga to ewr and got this website:

http://www.panynj.gov/airports......html

they have links to other websites where there are shuttle busses between different airports for not to much money (one was 36 for 1 person and add 20 for other ppl in same group, another was 24 per person from lga to ewr including a transfer to NJ transit or something.) also says it should take about an hour.

from newark we have someone who can pick us up. so we may just end up going with that option which will only cost a little more then it would have to drive.

the only problem is a car seat for the baby... but I guess we will just bring our extra/cheap one and check it in.

Hakol Letovah

Post Tue, Feb 12 2013, 6:32 pm
car service newark and brooklyn including tolls is about $100, so to Lakewood much more. ($150?)
ask family in lakewood to find how much a car service would be to come pick you up.

If u feel like a sport, there is a bus from LGA to manhattan, about $15-20 a person, has stops in midtown.
from there you need to get to port authority (a few blocks $10 cab ride including luggage surcharge, if all fits into a cab, unsure how many ppl) and then bus #139 or 137 goes to Lakewood. nice bus ride. about $20 a person.

Does that help at all?

btw, credit card for last bus accepted. most cabs too.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics