Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions
Corelle in Israel

Hashemlovesme

Post Tue, Feb 12 2013, 4:05 am
I have a brand new (8 settings-2 boxes) set of corelle, but I'd like a different pattern. This one is nice, but more for meat (in my opinion) & I'd like a set for Milk. Does anyone know of a place that would trade them or have any other ideas for me? I wouldn't mind selling them-but only if I'd be able to replace them. Thanks!

mandksima

Post Tue, Feb 12 2013, 5:15 am
You could sell them easily - for much more than they cost in the States. As for buying new ones, there is a place nearby me (Kfar Saba) that sells a wide selection of Corelle by the piece but they are so pricey. I believe 26 shekels a big plate. I buy sets online for $15-20 (Walmart carries them)and bring them on someone's lift if I need to replace. Can you buy that way and send on a lift?

They break like crazy if they hit a stone/tile floor, just so you know. They also change patterns all of the time so when you want to add settings later on, you may find out that pattern has been discontinued and you have to pick a new set. The best pro to Corelle is the great stacking capacity they have. If you don't have a lot of cabinet space, that is so important. They are also so light, kids can carry them and they are so easy to wash. I recently found a set so pretty they are my Shabbat dishes and I keep using my old set with not too many pieces left for weekday until they are gone and then I will just have 1 set for basari. I bought service for 16, hopefully they'll last years and years!

Hashemlovesme

Post Tue, Feb 12 2013, 5:55 am
Thanks for replying. I'd consider selling them-how much do you think I can get for them? I'm in no rush.

DrMom

Post Tue, Feb 12 2013, 6:01 am
A store near me sells Corelle. It's a mom-and-pop store, not a chain, so maybe they'd be interested in buying. I don't know if anyone would take a pre-owned set, though, even if the owner claims they are unused. How can they assure the kashrut to a potential buyer?

Tova

Post Tue, Feb 12 2013, 6:52 am
The way I understood it they are still sealed in the box, but OP can confirm.

Hashemlovesme

Post Tue, Feb 12 2013, 9:11 am
They've never actually been taken out of the packaging, would you mind PMing me where this store is located? Does anyone know what I could sell them here for?

Hashemlovesme

Post Wed, Feb 13 2013, 2:57 am
bumping: Does anyone know what a set of corele sells for in Israel? I have 2 boxes with 4 settings each. (big plate,small plate, mug & bowl-with a pink & green flower & leaves pattern)

etky

Post Wed, Feb 13 2013, 3:20 am
AFAIK they're not sold here in those types of sets but rather in sets of 18 that include 6 each of large plates, salad plates and soup bowls. Mugs and saucers can be purchased separately. You can also buy everything on an open stock basis. Sets of 18 that I've seen run anywhere from about 500 -850 Shekel.

Hashemlovesme

Post Wed, Feb 13 2013, 5:00 am
Thanks for the reply!

mrsmagoo

Post Wed, Feb 13 2013, 8:09 am
I am moving and have a dairy set and a meat set that I am selling- very cheap- PM me for info - located in ramat eshkol... both really nice- dairy set is orange and blue- big flowers- very dairy looking

hila

Post Wed, Feb 13 2013, 8:52 am
There is a lovely lady who sells Corelle from her house in Sorotskin, phone number
02-5382140 in Rehov Torat Chesed 2

It was far the cheapest when we were buying. (Just replaced my fleishk, as we did not have enough matching any more.)

Tamiri

Post Wed, Feb 13 2013, 9:45 am
This is the site for the guy in Kfar Saba, maybe you can glean pricing from here http://www.cohenitzhak.com/categories/375

They have annual 30% sales on Corelle all over the country, just so you know...

Hashemlovesme

Post Wed, Feb 13 2013, 9:52 am
Thanks Tamiri! on sale he sells a set of 4 for 559 Shekel!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions