Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Purim
What can I give for mm...dressing up son as a teddy bear

dare2dream

Post Tue, Feb 12 2013, 10:40 pm
Any ideas?

girlzrus

Post Tue, Feb 12 2013, 10:49 pm
I did that a couple if yrs. ago. The funny part was that my nephew and dd wore matching costumes but we had two totaly different MM.
Bottle of beer, bear graham cookies, sour bears, "tommy" chocolates in the shape of a bear and I made chocolate lollies. (feel free to borrow the mold if u live in brooklyn)
You can also do honey & honey cookies/ candies - think winnie the pooh.
I used clear celophane bags w brown and beige edging. And ribbons.
Good Luck!

dare2dream

Post Tue, Feb 12 2013, 11:16 pm
bedofroses wrote:
I did that a couple if yrs. ago. The funny part was that my nephew and dd wore matching costumes but we had two totaly different MM.
Bottle of beer, bear graham cookies, sour bears, "tommy" chocolates in the shape of a bear and I made chocolate lollies. (feel free to borrow the mold if u live in brooklyn)
You can also do honey & honey cookies/ candies - think winnie the pooh.
I used clear celophane bags w brown and beige edging. And ribbons.
Good Luck!

Thanks for all the great ideas! I will definitely use them! Do you still have your recipe for the chocolate lollies & was it easy to make? I really appreciate your quick reply...I can't borrow the mold from you since I don't live in Brooklyn..too bad:(

dare2dream

Post Thu, Feb 14 2013, 2:37 pm
What can I put the stuff in that has a to do with my bear theme? Any ideas?

busydev

Post Thu, Feb 14 2013, 2:50 pm
I agree with the bear or honey theme.

honey- you can put it in a honey pot (ala winnie the pooh) dunno where you could find those or how much they would cost.

maybe you can find a bag that has bears on it?

I am doing a monkey/banana theme and found pretty cheap paper bags on oriental trading.

another idea is to wrap in cellophane or put in a cellophane bag and then either use a colored ribbon or a decorated ribbon to tie it.

like this or this

google, etsy.com and amazon should be helpful. or try a local fabric/sewing or crafts store.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics