Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women -> Teachers' Room
Can someone tell me what I need to know about being a p3 pro
1  2  Next

runninglate

Post Wed, Feb 13 2013, 8:22 pm
Can someone pls walk me through the process? I am not going through an agency so I'm a bit lost. The mother gave me a form from the Board of ed. I am sharing the case with another provider. What do I do? Please include everything you can think of even if it seems obvious.

seeker

Post Thu, Feb 14 2013, 12:49 pm
See this thread... http://imamother.com/forum/vie.....t=100

I could put it more simply but not right now, if you pm me maybe I'll remember later

runninglate

Post Thu, Feb 14 2013, 1:03 pm
thanks. I was following that thread, but it was confusing. What I got from it was that you must bill in 15 min increments, and need to take a lunch break. I want to know where to register, how to bill etc.

seeker

Post Thu, Feb 14 2013, 6:49 pm
I'll try to outline what you need to do, but it's a little confusing to all of us so no refunds or guarantees. Some things the order counts, so I'll suggest a sequence of actions for you:

1. Make sure the parent calls the CSE (number should be on form) to let them know the services will be split between 2 teachers. They might tell the parents to wait for a new form or to write "split" on top. If the parents have already done that, move on:

2. Fill in the blanks on the form the parents gave you. Should be self-explanatory. Make sure the signatures are dated. Mail it with a copy or proof of your certification to the CSE address on the form.

3. Write down the exact dates and times you see the kid as they happen.

4. Meanwhile, email rveneka@schools.nyc.gov to ask how you can get cleared on PETS. Follow her directions.

5. Also meanwhile, go to venderportal.nycenet.edu and register by following the directions on screen (will say something like enter your SSN or something). You will get an email a couple of days later with more instructions to confirm.

One of those should direct you to also sign up for SESIS. Maybe the PETS lady. Ask her, I guess. Sign up.

6. Also meanwhile, sign up for direct deposit by following instructions here: http://www.nyc.gov/html/dof/ht.....shtml

7. Follow these instructions to enter your start date: http://schools.nyc.gov/NR/rdon.....s.pdf

8. That should make your cases show up on SESIS, where you'll have to enter the attendance. I personally don't know how that works yet because I still haven't gotten around to the start date thing. I don't think anything happens so far if you procrastinate that a bit.

9. Go to http://schools.nyc.gov/Offices.....P.htm and download the link called "SETSS invoice." At the end of EACH month, you fill out that form with all your dates and times. Proofread to make sure everything is correct and the start-end times match the session length. Print it out and have the parent sign it if you worked at home or the principal sign if you worked in a school.

10. By now you should have received an approval letter. Make a copy of it and send that, the invoice, and a W-9 form which you can google to find online, all together to the address on the approval letter.

11. Hope you get paid.

12. Go on a backward merry-go-round in the southern hemisphere to try and make your head stop spinning.

bookworm10

Post Thu, Feb 14 2013, 8:16 pm
I also need help. I applied to be a p3 for a few different cases, sent in the forms.. and have not been approved yet. Just today I got a letter saying that besides not having my fingerprints on file (which are somewhere, as I AM certified...) I need an I9 form, clearance, etc etc. I did not realize that the process of being approved was so difficult and I feel quite lost. Besides all of this, I feel like the cases are going to drop me because they wanted to start yesterday!

Someone help!

miami85

Post Thu, Feb 14 2013, 9:03 pm
I don't think you need to wait to be "cleared" to start working with the kid, but you won't get paid until you jump through all the hoops, do 3 somersaults, and 50 jumping jacks. Seeker did a pretty good job of writing out the steps. Hatzlacha

seeker

Post Thu, Feb 14 2013, 11:26 pm
bookworm10 wrote:
I also need help. I applied to be a p3 for a few different cases, sent in the forms.. and have not been approved yet. Just today I got a letter saying that besides not having my fingerprints on file (which are somewhere, as I AM certified...) I need an I9 form, clearance, etc etc. I did not realize that the process of being approved was so difficult and I feel quite lost. Besides all of this, I feel like the cases are going to drop me because they wanted to start yesterday!

Someone help!

Email rvenekas about the fingerprint clearance. I9? You sure they didn't mean W9? But that's for payment, not service...hm...

My personal (not professional!) opinion is that you should go ahead and start seeing the kids, then wait to send in the forms until after you get fingerprint clearance etc, then send the forms with the original start date. They usually approve retroactive start dates as long as the KID was eligible already. But don't hold me responsible if this time they don't...

runninglate

Post Tue, Feb 26 2013, 3:23 pm
ok, I'm still lost. first question, what does it mean to be cleared for PETS? what is that? I feel weird emailing someone with a question I don't understand. and secondly, the first link does not work, it says it is not available....

miami85

Post Tue, Feb 26 2013, 5:43 pm
You dont really need to know what it is. Just ask her to activate you. Its their payment system.

seeker

Post Tue, Feb 26 2013, 5:59 pm
Which link isn't working?

And it would be nice to understand, but I've just kind of given up. I just emailed the lady and said basically "I was told to email you for PETS. Here I am." She sent me a form, I filled it out and sent it back (could swear I did the same thing some time ago under some other code name), and she "put me in the system." Rolling Eyes

runninglate

Post Tue, Feb 26 2013, 6:26 pm
seeker wrote:
Which link isn't working?

And it would be nice to understand, but I've just kind of given up. I just emailed the lady and said basically "I was told to email you for PETS. Here I am." She sent me a form, I filled it out and sent it back (could swear I did the same thing some time ago under some other code name), and she "put me in the system." Rolling Eyes
the first link in your long post of instructions. I guess I will just email her, but the boe is so pathetic!

runninglate

Post Fri, Mar 01 2013, 1:22 pm
so I went onto this vendor portal site and to register it asks for a tax id?! Am I on the wrong site?

miami85

Post Fri, Mar 01 2013, 1:27 pm
Quote:
the first link in your long post of instructions. I guess I will just email her, but the boe is so pathetic!

Tell me something I don't know!

I'm not sure, so much has happened since I registered with Vendor portal, but it's possible. The vendor portal is for ALL DOE vendors--furniture, construction, textbooks etc. AFAIK, its just asking for your SSN b/c it uses that as your user ID.

runninglate

Post Fri, Mar 01 2013, 1:31 pm
miami85 wrote:
Quote:

Tell me something I don't know!

I'm not sure, so much has happened since I registered with Vendor portal, but it's possible. The vendor portal is for ALL DOE vendors--furniture, construction, textbooks etc. AFAIK, its just asking for your SSN b/c it uses that as your user ID.
but it didnt ask for social, it asked for tax id number!

seeker

Post Fri, Mar 01 2013, 2:01 pm
For an individual, your tax ID is your SSN. That's what you put on your tax forms, no?

runninglate

Post Fri, Mar 01 2013, 3:19 pm
oh, that makes sense. Thanks. Maybe I need some special ed or something...

miami85

Post Sun, Mar 03 2013, 10:07 am
B/c the vendor portal is for all contractors--if you are a business you have a tax id, if you are a sole provider it's just your social. This something I've learnt from being in the business.

bookworm10

Post Tue, Mar 05 2013, 6:39 pm
SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ME!!!

I am trying to do P3 for months. I spoke to everyone, and everyone keeps telling me I need this form, that form, forms that I have sent. All people lead me back to Rita Vanekas- who I have emailed many times. She keeps saying that I need to go to court street for fingerpriting. I ALREADY am fingerprinted! And I sent in the transfer forms ages ago.

She also said I need to come down somewhere and make a statement that I want to do SETTS in person. Is this true? I feel like everyone is telling me something else, I have zero idea what I am doing, and I lost all of my cases. I am at my wit's end.

runninglate

Post Wed, May 01 2013, 8:04 pm
ok, I just realized I missed the deadline for filling out the form rita venekas sent me. What do I do now?

seeker

Post Wed, May 01 2013, 9:44 pm
Bookworm, I'm sorry I didn't see your post when it first went up; have you gotten any resolution? My previous fingerprinting was enough, as long as it was with the Dept of Ed I believe they will take some kind of proof. Did you ask her what kind of evidence of fingerprinting she needs? I found she was the only one actually answering her email, fwiw.

I was never asked to make any statement in person.

Runninglate, I could be wrong but I think the deadline was for being on the list they put out that people can look you up, but you can still get in the system at any time of year. Give it a shot or ask her.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics